• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures from 2008---------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
I don't know what happened here,,,,,,, but I didn't mean to bring this post up again.

Maybe someone could delete it.... Mustang.

These pictures were taken a few years back, before I figured out that if I want quality pictures I had to pay the price, of carrying a big camera that costs a lot more money. I also found a view finder worked better for me on action shots, than a LCD screen.

7thMay2008Earl017.jpg

7thMay2008Earl022.jpg

7thMay2008Earl032.jpg

7thMay2008Earl048.jpg

7thMay2008Earl093.jpg

EightMilebyEarl3rdOct07022.jpg

I've been looking for this band for the last three or four years with no success. They sure are marked differently than most of the paints we have seen.

EightMilebyEarl3rdOct07020-1jpg.jpg

EightMilebyEarl3rdOct07015.jpg

EightMilebyEarl3rdOct07005.jpg

EightMilebyEarl3rdOct07006jpg-2.jpg

EightMilebyEarl3rdOct07007-4jpg.jpg

HAY MAKER said:
What kinda camera are you using now ?
good luck

Hey,, HAY MAKER,, I use a Nikon DX40 SLRD with a 18x200 Zoom. It's not quite as big as most full sized Digital cameras but it sure gets in the way when I'm riding a 4-wheeler or hiking. However it takes better pictures than the three pocket sized cameras I've tried. At times I wish I had a 300X Zoom, but the 18X end of the zoom is nice at times and a 300X is hard to hand hold. A tripod is not too practical taking pictures like I do it.

I was pleased to see your interest in my post. I'm on "house arrest" due to a knee surgery. The boredom forced me to post a few more pictures than normal. It looks like I might have overdone it.

Mustang, you haven't overdone it. Just because no one comments
doesn't mean we don't enjoy the pictures, it means we just don't have
the time or inclination to comment. Your pictures are very enjoyable.
Just keep 'em coming! I could safely speak for most of us here and
say we never tire of good pictures.

Thanks for posting them!

Big Muddy rancher said:
That picture of all the paints looks like it might have been taken at SSAP's place. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If she was'nt so onery and was closer I would have me one of them paints :wink:
good luck

mustang said:
HAY MAKER said:
What kinda camera are you using now ?
good luck

Hey,, HAY MAKER,, I use a Nikon DX40 SLRD with a 18x200 Zoom. It's not quite as big as most full sized Digital cameras but it sure gets in the way when I'm riding a 4-wheeler or hiking. However it takes better pictures than the three pocket sized cameras I've tried. At times I wish I had a 300X Zoom, but the 18X end of the zoom is nice at times and a 300X is hard to hand hold. A tripod is not too practical taking pictures like I do it.

I was pleased to see your interest in my post. I'm on "house arrest" due to a knee surgery. The boredom forced me to post a few more pictures than normal. It looks like I might have overdone it.

There aint nobody here that gets tired of lookin at horses and good country...........post away.
I have a canon lenses somewhere was the reason I was askin what kinda camera you was usin, dont really remember what power it was.
good luck

Speakin of knee surgery, keep us posted how it works out for you in detail, my ole left knee is giving me some trouble, figger its just a matter of time.
good luck

I hope you don't think people aren't interested because they don't reply! I thought this set with all the paints was one of the best yet!

Are there less paints today than when those were taken or is it a different area?

HAY MAKER said:
Speakin of knee surgery, keep us posted how it works out for you in detail, my ole left knee is giving me some trouble, figger its just a matter of time.
good luck

I dislocated mine about 40 years ago, and the Doc. told me to live with it if I could. So I did. I slipped out about a half dozen times sense then, but I was able to get it back in each time. On the last trip to get pictures I was riding the 4-wheeler when I twisted wrong and it went out again,, only this time I couldn't get it back in, and I couldn't straighten my leg out. (folded minecus) The Doc said they could put it back in and trim the minescus,,, or they could do a "knee reconstruction. Trim the minescus and repair the ACL. (a ligiment in the center of the knee) Not wanting to go through all this fun again, I elected the latter. The surgery was an Out Patient and I was home by 3:00 PM. On the second night I got tangled up with crutches in the bath and crashed breaking some ribs in the left back. Short story,,,, the ribs were a lot worse than the knee. I took my last little white pill yesterday and will be going to therapy my second time on Monday. The ACL will take about 6 months to heal to 90%.

burnt said:
I hope you don't think people aren't interested because they don't reply! I thought this set with all the paints was one of the best yet!

Are there less paints today than when those were taken or is it a different area?

The biggest part of the pictures I've posted are of the, more tame band that are in H's back yard. This bunch is about twenty miles north. The BLM made a Primitive Area out of most of this country where the mustangs are running, so we have to walk about two miles just to get into their range. It's been three or four years sense I've been in there. The BLM rounded up, in that area last winter,,, so I suspect they thinned them out. Paints sure make pictures easier to look at.

Well broke ribs sure aint no fun, I broke 3 and went to the ER and the only thing I got was the dam whoopin cough, dang that was miserable.
hope you get better and get back after them mustangs.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
good luck

My knee is doing really good. I only wear the brace when I leave the house. Sense I got off those little white pills, I can drive my pickup. I went to therapy today and got a "gold star" on my forehead for improvement. I guess as for as flex, it's about 80%. The last 20 will take a little longer. They said I might be back chasing mustangs in six to eight weeks. These walls are getting closer every day.

When I start my "Dear Abby" column, my first bit of advise will be,,, don't spend all your time chasing money. There will be a time when all those fun things you are not doing now, will not be fun any longer.

Latest posts