• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures from February

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jigger Boss

Reaction score
I haven't done a whole lot of picture taking this month, but here are a few that I did get.

Brannah
IMG_17205700x629.jpg

Feb 12, sunset.
IMG_1807700x525.jpg

IMG_1812700x525.jpg

IMG_1817700x525.jpg

Whiskey Jack (Grey Jay)
IMG_1822700x525.jpg

Lots of snow pack on the rocks
IMG_1825201700x324.jpg

Paint soaking up the sun on the deck yesterday :)
IMG_1832700x525.jpg

Male Grosbeak
IMG_1838700x525.jpg

Female Grosbeak
IMG_184220550x666.jpg

Male & Female Grosbeak
IMG_182720700x401.jpg

Nice pics Jigger Boss.

Looks like Brannah could handle some seriously cold weather with that coat of hair!

Your birds sure have more color then ours around her do. And you capture the colors very well!

I'm thinking Paint would like to capture a few of those colored feathered critters also!

:wink:

Jassy said:
Great shots! Are those birds signs of spring? The sunsets are fantastic...thanks a bunch.

Those are what I call the 'first' birds of spring. They're back early this year :D
First came the males, the females came about a week later. :)
The Gray Jays are back too. Haven't seen them since late fall. :)

EmptyPockets said:
Nice pics Jigger Boss.

Looks like Brannah could handle some seriously cold weather with that coat of hair!

Your birds sure have more color then ours around her do. And you capture the colors very well!

I'm thinking Paint would like to capture a few of those colored feathered critters also!

:wink:

Yes, Brannah could handle the cold, but she doesn't seem to think so :roll: She likes it inside :)

Paint is getting too old to bother with the birds, but unfortunately there are youngins' to take his place :evil: :roll:
So far the others haven't caught any... yet, but they're on bird patrol quite often. :roll: :(

Bird Patrol :( :roll:
IMG_1923700x525.jpg

All great pics Jigger,you do have a picturesque home. The Whiskey Jacks,are they those pesty little guys that will come right up to you begging food??

I agree with the others. Great shots.

I could sit here gazing all day, but it is so nice out that I better go enjoy it.

Thanks for the photos Jigger Boss.

Mrs.Greg said:
All great pics Jigger,you do have a picturesque home. The Whiskey Jacks,are they those pesty little guys that will come right up to you begging food??

Yep, they sure would. The come and sit on my deck and look in the patio door to see if I have any bread crumbs to throw out to them. :roll:
They are also known as "Camp Robbers"
I find the ones here seem to be smaller than the ones in Alberta.

The chickadees will get quite close too.
I remember several years ago when we were property hunting, we went to look at a place and the chickadees there would land on you :shock:
Kinda freaked me out at first, wasn't expecting getting attacked by birds. :shock: :lol: . We didn't buy that place (not because of the over friendly birds though)

Jigger Boss said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Yep, they sure would. The come and sit on my deck and look in the patio door to see if I have any bread crumbs to throw out to them. :roll:
They are also known as "Camp Robbers"
I find the ones here seem to be smaller than the ones in Alberta.

The chickadees will get quite close too.
I remember several years ago when we were property hunting, we went to look at a place and the chickadees there would land on you :shock:
Kinda freaked me out at first, wasn't expecting getting attacked by birds. :shock: :lol: . We didn't buy that place (not because of the over friendly birds though)
I'm not really fond of too friendly birds{the movie gave me that fear :oops: }The Whiskey Jacks,thats the reason I asked about them,they seemed smaller then the ones at Alta. campsites I've been in. When we horse camped at Little Elbow,if I stayed in camp alone I made greg leave Jake our Border collie{miss him :cry: } because he'd chase the Whiskey Jacks away if they got too close. They are pretty though.....from a distance. :)

By the way....I love Brannah.....what a beauty

Not a big Hitchcock fan, Mrs. G? lol I don't think you can even take your dog into K country camping anymore, unless it's on a leash? Could be wrong. Have a friend who wants to take her dad on a pack trip, since he is getting up there, but haven't decided where to go yet. Would like to see some different country, but not be on the well beaten paths either. Any suggestions?

DJL said:
Not a big Hitchcock fan, Mrs. G? lol I don't think you can even take your dog into K country camping anymore, unless it's on a leash? Could be wrong. Have a friend who wants to take her dad on a pack trip, since he is getting up there, but haven't decided where to go yet. Would like to see some different country, but not be on the well beaten paths either. Any suggestions?

Yep, from the Ya Ha Tinda Ranch to Lake Louise following the Red Deer River.
Gorgeous trip, you can stop at the Skoki Lodge for a night or two. Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to pack a rifle once you're into the Banff Park... unless you don't get caught :wink: .

DJL said:
How many days does that ride take? I can't be away too many days, unfortunately.
I like Ya Ha Tinda too,you don't have to worry about the same traffic that K country has but the "trails" and washroom facilities are RUSTIC.Oh and the road in leaves a bit to be desired but hey thats what keeps the CITY otta that COUNTRY

Greg and I like Big Elbow in K country,you trail in there then stay at the outback camp at Big Elbow. Your a couple hrs trailing in but WELL worth it,and when we've stayed your IT out there.Hmmm,didn't know about the dog thing...ya tie up a cattle dog :roll: :roll: :roll:

And if your just riding for a day in K country,go to the staging area,then DO Powerface Ridge....mine and gregs fav ride ever!!!!!!!!!! The view is spectacular :shock:

As far as I know Mrs. G, if you are moving cattle in K country you can get a permit to have your dog off leash, but other than that your dog is either at home or on a leash, and yes, a cow dog on a leash would be a very unhappy critter!
Don't mind rustic one bit, but am not too familiar with K country. Made one ride to the Gorge one day, and that's it. I guess I should do a little research. Might just head out for Livingstone Falls from here, or some such thing. Saves all the trailering that way. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts