• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures from the last couple days

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Seeing as how I am done calving, :p and in need of some lumber, I spent most of the last week playing AX MAN. I am not very good at it either.

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Thinking I would be like Silver, and push some Plum thickets out that were trying to take over a fence line.

021.jpg

I had a neighbor come over and drop all the Ceders. He didn't think I knew enough to drop them with out getting hurt, and he was probably right.

015-1.jpg

016.jpg

Trying to drag them up the hill. I couldn't get one with the Cat, so I went after it with the skidsteer.

018.jpg

019.jpg

Loaded and ready to go to the sawmill.

022-2.jpg

019-1.jpg

The bottom logs are Ponderosa Pine, that blew over this summer. The top are red Ceder.

Those are some big cedars! It would sure be interesting to know how old they are. Could you see the growth rings on the stumps?

Should make you a nice pile of lumber.

Looks like quite a project, and doesn't look very wintery there. Is that cedar what they call badland cedar? They don't look much like the cedar on the coast.

Silver said:
Looks like quite a project, and doesn't look very wintery there. Is that cedar what they call badland cedar? They don't look much like the cedar on the coast.

The only thing I have ever heard them called other then a weed, is Eastern Red Ceder. Unless you use polyurethane on it, it will turn kind of grayish brown, but if you seal it, it is bright red. I am guessing these trees are around 100 years old. We have some old photos that don't show much for trees in the area that these were taken out of.

The thermometer showed 86 degrees this afternoon.

Latest posts