• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures from this morning

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Line 1 herefords are hard to beat. Yours really look the part. What is the goggle eyed calf? What are the herd sires? Was really interested in 6050 and 320 when they sold.

katrina said:
Silver said:
I gotta say Ned Jr., that that is amongst the finest groups of cattle of any breed I have seen in some time. Thanks for posting.

:agree:

I have a question for ya Ned... What is your opionion on yellow verses red herefords... Personally I perfer the red... Don't ask me why...

I think it did allot of harm to the breed when everyone was breeding for the mellow yellow ones. I think in doing so the breed lost allot of pigment on the eyes, scrotum and udder. I guess I prefer medium colored or cheery red ones. My 175 bull is a cherry red and he throws a ton of pigment on both the eyes and udders.

mrj said:
I'm feeling a bit sorry for the neighbor! Is that one typical of his cows? However, it appears she is taking care of her calf, and is getting by on what she can forage for herself.......is that what it takes to be a 'low cost producer'????

I'm not sure what they brought in. They look like roping stock.

The Herefords do look very pretty. And I'm partial to the, that being the breed my family had bred up from the old milking shorthorns. Do you always have to feed them all winter and spring, or is this unusual there?

It is normal for us to need to feed all winter. We don't have a lot of pasture so it's hard to even plan on an open winter If we were to have one.

er herf said:
Line 1 herefords are hard to beat. Yours really look the part. What is the goggle eyed calf? What are the herd sires? Was really interested in 6050 and 320 when they sold.

The goggle eye calf is a GB L1 Domino 175E daughter from a HH Advance 286M 1ET dam. This years calf crop is mainly by 175, 320 and 471.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Just lookin at your feed line pics.....there's wayyyyy more calves than there are cows .....how you do that? :wink:

:D I was wondering if anyone would notice that.

George said:
OK now to show how dumb I am - - - -what is dragging meadows?

Ya hook onto a haymeadow, drag it out into a lake, let it soak up a years moisture and then drag it back to where it will stay for the rest of the year. :wink: :p

Harrowing George, harrowing = dragging.

Real good lookin bunch of cattle ned. The only thing I don't like is that bulls head need a good washin. Reckin yall could drag a tub outside and wash that old nasty head for him? I bet he'd feal better as well as look better.

Ned Jr. said:
mrj said:
I'm feeling a bit sorry for the neighbor! Is that one typical of his cows? However, it appears she is taking care of her calf, and is getting by on what she can forage for herself.......is that what it takes to be a 'low cost producer'????

I'm not sure what they brought in. They look like roping stock.

I believe that is properly referred to as either "dual purpose" or "multiple income stream" cattle

The Herefords do look very pretty. And I'm partial to the, that being the breed my family had bred up from the old milking shorthorns. Do you always have to feed them all winter and spring, or is this unusual there?

It is normal for us to need to feed all winter. We don't have a lot of pasture so it's hard to even plan on an open winter If we were to have one.

BTW - the cattle look really good.[/b]

gcreekrch said:
George said:

Ya hook onto a haymeadow, drag it out into a lake, let it soak up a years moisture and then drag it back to where it will stay for the rest of the year. :wink: :p

What's a lake, Gcreek????

Shortgrass said:
gcreekrch said:
George said:

What's a lake, Gcreek????

Ok, Ok, some may have to use a stock tank or bathtub for this chore. :D

Latest posts