• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pictures of ameego..(I hope)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Really? Tell us more about Ameego, Katrina.

I'm interested in how a Lab-Dalmation works cows. Not being smart, I really am intriqued. Does he bark? Does he heel?

I know that Dalmations are the foundation for Australian Shepherds. That is where the blue comes from.

FH, Yeah he barks if cows turn on him. He has a tendancy to go to the head which is aggervating sometimes, but it's like he is getting their attention then goes to trail them up. He trails every calf out of the chute to the herd and works an alleyway really well. He is only aggresive as my voice is. and he works off of hand signals. He only works for me. One day of working cattle equals three days sleeping. He is gettting old..When I am feeding in the yard he watches from the house yard and if something tries to get out he comes and watches the gate....He never is in the way because he maynot be in the correl till you need him. It's kinda weird, because he knows by my reactions what to do. If I step out of the tractor he comes to help. But if I feed and nothing tries the gate he's not there.

just goes to show how much I know :oops: i would NEVER have figured him to be a good cow dog, and i never knew that dalmations were the base of aussies. wow. you ppl never cease to amaze, and teach. lol keep itup :eek:

Latest posts