• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures of haying today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Even had water coming in the cab from the condensor.

Your overflow hose must be plugged up, and maybe full of dirt and crap in the top of the cab, too. That shouldn't happen.

The hose was actuallly plugged.

The reason I dont like no-till is due to the fact of the amount of chemical and herbicides you have to use to control weeds that a little tillage will control. Our soil up here is a real heavy clay loam with a few inches of black dirt on top so we cant plow. It would roll too much clay up. We can grow excellent crops by tilling the top few inches. Its real good soil and not overly priced either. A 1/4 section sells for $60,000!!!

Manitoba_Rancher said:
The hose was actuallly plugged.

The reason I dont like no-till is due to the fact of the amount of chemical and herbicides you have to use to control weeds that a little tillage will control. Our soil up here is a real heavy clay loam with a few inches of black dirt on top so we cant plow. It would roll too much clay up. We can grow excellent crops by tilling the top few inches. Its real good soil and not overly priced either. A 1/4 section sells for $60,000!!!

That is why I like Canada,land around here is way to over priced,way to much development,and pretty much like that all over TX,you men are very lucky you have land prices like that.You can pencil that and keep on ranching................good luckPS what would you think about A 1/4 section around here selling for $960,000 ?

" Our soil up here is a real heavy clay loam with a few inches of black dirt on top"

Next time you have your camera out how 'bout some pictures of your black soil? All we have is mostly clay because back in the 1700's all the woods were chopped down for farming and the good soil washed down the drain leaving us with the clay. :x

I will do that NR as soon as we get some tilled up after harvest. looks like we can start cutting barley this week as it is really ripe. Going to take some pictures of our haying tools today and post them tonite. Its another scorcher here today around 100F.

Latest posts