• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures of home-raised bull calves, for Faster Horses

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Here are some of the bull calves we saved, from the cows I bought last winter. There will be some nice replacement heifers out of the deal also.

Bullcalves5.jpg

Bullcalf8.jpg

Bullcalf7.jpg

Bullcalf6.jpg

Bullcalf.jpg

Bullcalf2.jpg

Bullcalf3.jpg

Bullcalf4.jpg

Newcowsandcalves.jpg

Heifercalf.jpg

Heifer calf
BestlittlegateopenerintheSandhills.jpg

Best little gate-opener in the Sandhills

Notice how she smiles when outta the truck? When she opens the gate she gets a little peace and quiet, a little respite from the stories she's heard a hundred times, LOL......That's why she works the chute, it's the last place ole soap would ever go, LOL......

Sincerely meant to be a kindhearted jab, I just couldn't resist, LOl,

PPRM

PPRM said:
Notice how she smiles when outta the truck? When she opens the gate she gets a little peace and quiet, a little respite from the stories she's heard a hundred times, LOL......That's why she works the chute, it's the last place ole soap would ever go, LOL......

Sincerely meant to be a kindhearted jab, I just couldn't resist, LOl,

PPRM

You and she both have me figured out. :wink: :)

i liked some of them til i saw how post legged they looked.... :cry: but i don't know much about how form follows function in the cattle business. i'm here to learn, so could some one explain how a post-legged animal, who needs to cover ground for survival, is better than one with hock angulation?

truly--i want to know.

Personally, I prefer cattle a little bit "post-legged" or straight legged, than I do the "camped under" style. The "camped under" would be when they are standing with their feet as straight under them as possible, but the hind toes are quite a bit "ahead" of straight. In other words, I don't care for a "crooked" hind leg. This is just my preference.

It seems like no matter how they are put together, they all tend to get around and find grass. :wink:

Soapweed, the thing I always notice in your pictures that have your Mrs. in them, is that she always sports a great smile. I bet she is a person with a positive outlook on things. That is a great trait.

Looks like you are blessed. And you have a great outlook yourself. :!:

My lady is the greatest. She always makes the daily jobs fun. Oh, we go 'round and 'round once in a while (Saddletramp will testify to that :wink: ), but the fun part is kissing and making up. :shock: :)

Soap,

Most women know they have us right where they want us........when we think we are winning the war, LOL.

I do want to bring up something about pictures and judging cattle two dimmensionally. It appears to me that most of these are some good loking bull calves. A few I'd like to see move. The calf by the water trough appears to tnot have a straight back, but most likely it's because he is gawking at that strange looking guy with th camera in his hand wearing his pants rolled up above the kees with boots on........LOL

My point is that I don't think two dimensional pictures tell much. Guys that know how to take pics can dress up pretty average animal and hide faults by the angle,

I like your cattle and love their dispositions (ie-trailer loading)

PPRM

Latest posts