• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures of the fires and drought conditions in Texas.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Trinity man

Reaction score
These some pretty bad conditions.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/09/texas_drought_and_wildfires.html

Now the weatherman is talking about the Mexican coming back and taking out rain for the winter. I sure wish the Mexican would get out of the Pacific Ocean.

_55176526_012823418-1.jpg

This is where my father-in-law house was.

The other bad fire is just north of Houston that has some of my family moving out now. This one has burn around 22,000 ac they said. These thing will not stop popping up around the state. The state is saiding 3.7 million acres have burn around the lone star state. Around here there is no grass to burn, but one of our places has some yaupons that has died and can burn like crazy now. I don't have any cattle there Thank God. This drought my have added another 50 or 60 ac. to pasture after the drought is done with them dead. Our 20 ac. lake has now turned into about acre pond to. We may turn into the Texas little Saudi Arabia I just hope the oil comes with it. :D I only have one water well that is still flowing and hope it keep flowing for the cattle at our other place. Its pretty deep well and is flowing about a 3 inches stream so it maybe in good shape. Now my plan is to use it to flood irrigate the pastures around it. I just hope the wild hogs do hear about my plan otherwise it might turn into a big hog pen.

Latest posts