• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures of the last week or so

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
We have been on the run here the last week or so. Went to a farm sale south of Hay Springs the 10th. Watched a 1972 3020 John Deere sell for $26000. That has to be almost 5 times what it sold new for. As we were loading our treasures, Lisa got to talking with a couple that had purchased an old squeeze chute. They didn't have anyway of hauling it, and we had extra room on the trailer, so we got to visit their Yaks up close and personal.

Timmermancows007.jpg

Timmermancows008.jpg

I always thought Yak were bigger then what these were. The cows were MAYBE 600 pounds.
The next day we went to a horse sale in Valentine. Lisa had a booth there, and we had lots of folks come up and say they knew us from the pictures I post on here. I just hope all of you lurkers sign up and share some photos with everyone.

Timmermancows010.jpg

Timmermancows011.jpg

Some of the horses sold pretty good, others so so. Guess the saying is true.... Good horse still sell well!!!

Tuesday Lisa went with me to check cows on our north place.

Timmermancows015.jpg

Timmermancows017.jpg

My automatic gate opener.

Timmermancows024.jpg

Timmermancows025.jpg

Timmermancows019.jpg

These cows come from about 30 miles south of us. Nice lookin critters.
Then the 17th we helped the neighbors bring cows home from the Forest. Not real sure how the forest people decide when cattle need to go home, 'cause all of my range management training said there was LOTS of grass left.

Timmermancows051.jpg

Timmermancows052.jpg

Heading down to the river. The bridge we need to cross.

Timmermancows041.jpg

Timmermancows056.jpg

With cows on it. I tried to get a video of the bridge swaying as the cows crossed it, but it didn't turn out.

We're taking our cows off the forest the end of the month,,and don't get me started on how they "manage" the forest ground...! The Anderson bridge which we cross is just like the one you cross...always makes me nervous with all the cattle and horses, pickups and trailers, atv's that all cross it in an hour! Hope the weather holds out and is nice when we have to move our cows..thanks for the pictures!

Soapweed said:
Nice pictures, LazyWP. I almost went to the horse sale. :wink:

I heard you were babysitting the men last Saturday, and went to Gordon to do that.

Latest posts