• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pictures(part 2)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A

Reaction score
ra4.jpg

ra3.jpg

ra2.jpg

ra1.jpg

ra.jpg

ra17.jpg

ra16.jpg

ra15.jpg

ra14.jpg

ra13.jpg

ra12.jpg

ra11.jpg

ra10.jpg

ra9.jpg

ra8.jpg

ra7.jpg

ra6.jpg

ra5.jpg

Even better shots...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first one ...great set up and capture.
Have a feeling you will be asked for use as desktops .....

great pictures :!:

could you show a few of your bale unroller in action? does the spear have to be driven through the bale? some close-ups of that portion of it would be appreciated.

You've become a darn good photo artist RA. I see potential to produce ranching calendars and day-timers as a sideline.

Tremendously beautiful photographs, R A. You really have an artistic eye and superb subject matter. Any of these pictures would look good on a calendar or as a large framed print.

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts and look at them!

I love the ranching way of life. I think in order to take some better shots, I'll need to get a better camera and I myself learn more about photography. I do find it fun.....just been messing around.

hayguy said:

could you show a few of your bale unroller in action? does the spear have to be driven through the bale? some close-ups of that portion of it would be appreciated.

I have some pictures some where here of it.....if I can't find them, I will glady and easily post some of it. I don't use it to unroll though. If I unroll the bales, I just use myself to unroll them....I mostly pitch fork all winter to save hay. I just have an old M with no 3 point, so I use that thing to haul bales around. When it drifts in the winter I usually have to use myself to move the bales around also....I really need a bigger tractor!!!! You could use it to unroll I guess.....just pull around and back up to it on the side after lowering it.

"I love the ranching way of life. I think in order to take some better shots, I'll need to get a better camera and I myself learn more about photography. I do find it fun.....just been messing around. "

I'd say the person behind the camera has as much or more to do
with good photos as the camera. I can't imagine that your photos
could be much better....but if you get a 'better camera' I guess
we'll see. You do an awesome job. Thanks for sharing. :D

Faster horses said:
"I love the ranching way of life. I think in order to take some better shots, I'll need to get a better camera and I myself learn more about photography. I do find it fun.....just been messing around. "

I'd say the person behind the camera has as much or more to do
with good photos as the camera. I can't imagine that your photos
could be much better....but if you get a 'better camera' I guess
we'll see. You do an awesome job. Thanks for sharing. :D

Thank you, Faster horses!!!!

5ra3.jpg

hayguy said:

Here's some pictures of my hay hauler. I think a guy could use two spike things like I have and line up on the side of it and unroll it easy. Here's what I use it for.

Real simple design
hay.jpg

hay9.jpg

hay10.jpg

I back up to the bale
hay1.jpg

Throw the cable over
hay2.jpg

stick the spike in
hay3.jpg

hook it up
hay4.jpg

hoist it up and put the rope around the wench handle for back-up
hay5.jpg

go to where I need it and lower it
hay6.jpg

then put the rope back on and drive forward to flip it on end
hay7.jpg

then feed
hay8.jpg

:D I found a ton of grubs under a bale today....which made the mouths in the bottom two pictures very happy :D

hay11.jpg

hay12.jpg

hay13.jpg

I don't think a new camera would take a bit better pictures than those. You have some fantastic shots and the color is brilliant. So much of a good picture is the thought that the photographer conveys to the observer. Your pictures sure reflect a lot of thought to get just the right picture. You could produce a terrific calendar with those photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Red Barn Angus said:
I don't think a new camera would take a bit better pictures than those. You have some fantastic shots and the color is brilliant. So much of a good picture is the thought that the photographer conveys to the observer. Your pictures sure reflect a lot of thought to get just the right picture. You could produce a terrific calendar with those photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate you taking the time to post this!!!

I went through two sets of batteries this morning shooting some shots. Maybe I can work on putting out a calendar or something????

hayguy said:
thank-you for the pic's of your bale handler R.A.

No problem! I'd hate to guess how many miles and bales that thing as seen! I think I have $200 in it total including purchase price and upkeep.

Ranch life is a great subject for photographers, it makes it simple to capture a great way of life. I love your silloette photo's, and the skies are amazing there. Thanks for the little tour, hope to see lots more!

Jassy said:
Ranch life is a great subject for photographers, it makes it simple to capture a great way of life. I love your silloette photo's, and the skies are amazing there. Thanks for the little tour, hope to see lots more!

Thank you! You bet, I'm just capturing what I'm enjoying and getting to see at the time. I love it! I build a little website real quick just to have some of my pictures together in one spot....I'll start a new thread with the link. Not selling any, just for fun if people are bored and want to look.

Latest posts