• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures working cattle, October 6, 2005

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Worked two more bunches of cattle today, giving the calves their preconditioning shots. The proof is in the pudding.

Roundingup.jpg

Rounding up
Redsontheroad.jpg

Reds on the road
Gentlypersuadingthecattle.jpg

Gently persuading the cattle
SaddletrampandCarolpushingthemupthe.jpg

Saddletramp and Mrs. Soapweed pushing them up the draw
Theolman.jpg

The old man
Hangingonfordearlife.jpg

Hanging on for dear life
Workingthecalves.jpg

Working the calves
Yellowstoneinasupervisorycapacity.jpg

Yellowstone in a supervisory capacity
Cattlecomingthroughtheswale.jpg

Cattle coming through the swale
Reachingourdestinationwiththecattle.jpg

Reaching our destination with the cattle
Saddletrampshutsthegate.jpg

Saddletramp shuts the gate
Saddletramptrackingatractor.jpg

Saddletramp tracking a tractor
SaddletrampbringingWyattthroughthed.jpg

Saddletramp bringing Wyatt through the door
TurninglooseWyatt.jpg

Turning loose Wyatt
CarolturninglooseClavinovaandYellow.jpg

Mrs. Soapweed turning loose Clavinova and Yellowstone

Nice pictures Soapweed. Did you get all of that done and these pictures all loaded in one day? I am so impressed! Do you have hi-speed internet or something? I killed most of today just trying to get all my trip-to-the-summer pasture pictures loaded onto photo bucket and transfered over here to post. Maybe I'm just slow, but this slow dial up is the pits.
Keep posting. It takes me a while to download other folks pictures too, but I sure enjoy them.

Those are neat Soapweed. I still haven`t takein the time to figure out how to post them on here yet.

It take me a while to bring the pictures in too LB. These took about 5 minutes.

Soapweed, i'm not much on horses (all of ours are mechanical) but i really like that "Yellowstone" horse.

thanks for sharing some of that cool weather, although ours is more windbreaker than Carhart. :D

Theolman.jpg

This is the one I like the best...........An old man sitting a fine horse in good cattle country,looking around like he owns the place LOL..............good luck soapweed as usual nice picture story.

Great pictures, Soapweed.

My favorite also was Saddletramp leading his horse through the door.
Just something very authenic and every-day looking about that.
(Not that you don't look authenic, because you certainally do. :wink: )
I think the wood on the inside of the barn has something to do
with the picture being meaningful and authentic. Gives it a historical look or a look of the 'old west.'

I enjoyed reader (the Second) remarks. Amazing what we take for
granted that is worth mentioning by someone else. Makes you think about it for a second time and value it more.

It is so good to share these great photos and get the feedback on them.

What fun we're having on ranchers.net. It's better than any TV show!!
And to think, we (me for one) was hesitant about Macon's new format.

He did us a great turn switching us over!

Saddletrampshutsthegate.jpg

Saddletramp shuts the gate

SaddletrampbringingWyattthroughthed.jpg

Saddletramp bringing Wyatt through the door

These two are my favorite, The first one saddle tramp shuttin the gate has just the right angle of light, I"m real big on lighting, there's only about 5 minutes of a morning and 5 minutes of a evening when the lights just right to get this golden affect.

The second one, Light plays a big part in it too, shining in at the top of the door. I've come to learn it's the light that gives things the different color that just somehow puts a "True Western Stamp" on a picture.

Just my two cents worth. Enjoyed all the pictures soapweed, but them's ma favrits. :D

Lilly, I appreciated your comments on those two pictures.

The first one of shutting the gate, almost looks like a painting
when I went back to it. Must be the light, now that you pointed that out.
Would be a neat picture to hang on the wall. Or together as a set.

Yep, they are wayyyy cool.

I hope Soapweed is collecting these pictures, not just for us on ranchers.net, but to use in a book someday. He sure has got some
excellent material for one!

Yes he does, and I hope he does put em together in a book someday. Who knows, might make a nice lil retirement nest egg.

My next passion after cattle is photography, I try to learn all I can about different styles. Everyone that takes a fair amount of pictures developes a style of their own. I can honestly say that my motivation for taking pictures was a calendar given to me one christmas by my best friend from Idaho. A David Stoecklein Calendar. I know most of his photos are staged these days. But they are still some awsome pictures. The main thing I :mad: about is not havin the "Wide open spaces" here. They make for some great great shots. I'll hafta dig out some of my photos from a trip we took to idaho a few years ago, and post em. Everything is a different color there.

We have a place in the mall in College Station that will do that for you, I've priced a 16 x 20 on canvas, from digital picture. I want to get one done for my daughter for christmas of her picture she won grand champion with at the fair. It was only like 28.00 to have it done.

Amandas-Windmill.jpg

Nice pics Soapweed...I can't pic a fav they ALL tell a story.What I do like are the names you have for your horses. How did you come up with Clavinova?

greg said:
Nice pics Soapweed...I can't pic a fav they ALL tell a story.What I do like are the names you have for your horses. How did you come up with Clavinova?

The horse was colored like a Yamaha Clavinova piano, black and white. Saddletramp said before he went to work here, he didn't know what a Clavinova was. He figured he'd have probably named this horse "Baldwin" instead. :wink:

Well I have a horse named Dandilion because the day she was born found her laying in a patch of the yellow weeds... another I call Cop because an R.C.M.P friend of mine gave him to me

The good ole' cowboss at Rock Creek Cattle Company in Western Montana had the most interesting names for his horses. "Candy Ass" is one that comes to mind right off the bat.

Then some friends of ours bought a horse at a sale. He was #89 in the sale and they always called him '89' after that.

We had a horse I called 'Cluck' for Dumb Cluck.

I think Soapweeds comment on the name of the horse/piano was hilarous!!!

Latest posts