• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A

Reaction score
Some of the people are starting to ask double the money for acres around here now than when I moved here....so I don't know how my plans of building the biggest cattle operation I can will pan out???...as far as how big I would like it to end up being. I had almost 100 head of bucking stock here on my small little place before I got out of them. I am way better off taking care of my tiny little beef herd now though and am working on setting things up better for bigger numbers of beef cattle everyday still. I'll have to see.

Suprisingly, the cows haven't been in the ponds all day long this year like usual, but are taking a little dip here and there.
eee18.jpg

Calves by the pond while the moms are in the pond.
eee17.jpg

eee16.jpg

Steer calf
eee15.jpg

Cow and calf, but not her calf
eee14.jpg

Had one red calf, steer. Born the same day as steer calf pictured above a couple pictures....my youngest two calves.
ee8.jpg

Two heifers. Going to try and keep the one on the right.
eee13.jpg

Cow moved right when I took the picture.
eee12.jpg

my best doggie helper
eee11.jpg

Bull and stud colt. I usually don't keep horses and cattle together, but like to at least do it long enough for horses new to cattle to get use to them way before I ride them in with cattle. All my horses are usually very hard on cattle while loose with them!!!
eee10.jpg

This cow is on my weed hill as I call it. I'm working on improving it. Normally I have been just wintering them on it.
eee9.jpg

Herfy. I'd like to have a beefier big ol' horned Hereford bull someday. I do like this one because he is nice to have around and throws tiny calves. I need to weigh them, because they are very tiny.
eee8.jpg

I ended up with a rooster in with the chicks I got from the feed store there late winter. I think there is a second rooster, but this one is for sure. I really wanted one, so I am happy. Named him Hawkeye.
eee6.jpg

I have been catching him and carrying him around everyday. Not sure if it will work or not, but read it helps keep them nice. He has been tryin' to crow, but it sounds horrible :D
eee7.jpg

I have a very broody hen now...probably because of hawkeye??? I may let her try and hatch a few eggs out. I think that would be neat.
eee3.jpg

One of the kittens from a couple of sets I've gotten lately.
hh1.jpg

She's getting bigger now.
fff.jpg

Been busy, but have been getting some river fishing in....and fishing a couple of the ponds I have that have fish in them.
fff1.jpg

I know how well goats are recieved on here :D :D :D ,but oh well :D Been a pygmy goat owner for a week now. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time and am glad I have them!!! What a cheap form of entertainment! :D ....and great for kids(besides me :D ) I'm bottle feeding two of them. They weren't on bottle so I thought I would lose them from how things started. I was able to syringe feed them until I learned more and got set up better. Now they are doing great! They get their bellies full and the happy dancing starts in! :D I just roll! :D One was just 2 days old when I got her. I have a billy and 3 girls, from 2 different places. The more black female needs some care. I made a couple of play pens for now to play in during the day, and then keep them confined better at night. I'm starting in on a big fenced in place with a ton of stuff in there in play on...logs, blocks and stuff. I'm also going to move portable fence around from place to place to let them eat weedy spots I have until I can get it sprayed and then bring them in at night. I'll probably get made fun of now on here, cry, then say I sold them, but I didn't :D :D :D

eee2.jpg

eee1.jpg

fff2.jpg

dd1.jpg

dd.jpg

eee23.jpg

eee22.jpg

eee21.jpg

eee20.jpg

eee19.jpg

Nice pictures as usual. I enjoy your captions as much as the pictures :) The goats and kitty are very cute. Looks like everything is doing good.

I get a special "fescue" mineral when the cattle stay in the water to long - - - after about a week of the fescue mineral the cattle will stay out grazing and forget about standing in the ponds.

Most of the people around here that tried goats have gotten out but a few have stayed in and say they are making great money selling to the mid eastern churches for sacrafices.

I'm having difficulty with this new enterprise of yours RA. My biggest concern is why you didn't get normal sized goats that would at least fill the BBQ after you get educated on what kind of company goats really are. :???: :shock:

I, for one, am extremely excited for you as you start your new enterprise!!! :D Let's shout it from the rooftops, "HEY EVERYONE, R A HAS GOATS"!!!!
I am disappointed in you son! :( After all i have been through to use as an example, you still must be crazy, to jump into the goat raising hell this operation WILL turn into! You're on your own pal! It's a sad and lonely road you are headed down. :cry:

But the cows look like fine swimmers, the grass looks good, the chicken ranch is feathering out beautifully and the kitten looks to be a rare talent. :D

Sadly, despite all your other fine endeavors, your many talents and gifts, your hard work and sweat.........all will be brushed aside and trampled in the rush to demonize your one, single character flaw.............YOU KEEP GOATS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super pictures, RA. I especially liked the one of the kitten standing and
playing with the green ball and feather.
That would be good on my wall! So darn cute!

And we have a dog, Pete, that is a double to yours, except, our is male,
and his ears don't stand up. My sis-in-law was looking at your
pictures and she said, "There's Pete". :D I hadn't noticed that
before, but she's correct. Ours might be in a a little better shape than
yours. :wink: :p :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure your dog is a better dog
than ours, as it wouldn't take much. :D But ours is a friend so he's
here for the duration. I think he's about 9 or 10 now. But he's seen
to it that he has an easy life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Normally, we don't have male dogs, only females. So this dog was
a mistake from the beginning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Missouri is the only place I've ever seen cattle in ponds.
Interesting about the fescue mineral.

leanin' H said:
I, for one, am extremely excited for you as you start your new enterprise!!! :D Let's shout it from the rooftops, "HEY EVERYONE, R A HAS GOATS"!!!!
I am disappointed in you son! :( After all i have been through to use as an example, you still must be crazy, to jump into the goat raising hell this operation WILL turn into! You're on your own pal! It's a sad and lonely road you are headed down. :cry:

But the cows look like fine swimmers, the grass looks good, the chicken ranch is feathering out beautifully and the kitten looks to be a rare talent. :D

Sadly, despite all your other fine endeavors, your many talents and gifts, your hard work and sweat.........all will be brushed aside and trampled in the rush to demonize your one, single character flaw.............YOU KEEP GOATS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:agree: Yes, to what he said. Thanks for the pictures, R A.

Great pics, thanks for sharing your world.

I knew a fella once who made money with goats in a sort of unusual way. He would get paid to bring them to festivals, fairs and such. (Think "petting zoo") He had a pen complete with stuff for them to climb on and show off their cuteness to its best advantage, and he sold little dixie cups of feed to the spectators to feed them. The little cup was only 50 cents or so at that time, but there was a LOT of cupfuls in a bag so he was about making many times over the money on feed. He didn't get rich by any means but had fun doing it for awhile.

Nicky said:
Nice pictures as usual. I enjoy your captions as much as the pictures :) The goats and kitty are very cute. Looks like everything is doing good.

Thanks! Thanks for looking!

George said:
I get a special "fescue" mineral when the cattle stay in the water to long - - - after about a week of the fescue mineral the cattle will stay out grazing and forget about standing in the ponds.

Most of the people around here that tried goats have gotten out but a few have stayed in and say they are making great money selling to the mid eastern churches for sacrafices.

Interesting on the mineral, George!....thanks!

sacrafices... :shock:

jodywy said:
goats are like cats, they think they are cute and they are the boss and own you :D

That's funny, jodywy! I can see where they will be that way already. :D

gcreekrch said:
I'm having difficulty with this new enterprise of yours RA. My biggest concern is why you didn't get normal sized goats that would at least fill the BBQ after you get educated on what kind of company goats really are. :???: :shock:

leanin' H said:

Soapweed said:
leanin' H said:

:agree: Yes, to what he said. Thanks for the pictures, R A.

lol. :D

Now have some faith in me guys. I didn't just go out and buy any ol' worthless stinky goatie goats....I bought mechancial know-how fix 'em up hay equipment pygmy goats.

practicing testing twine tension
ddd10-1.jpg

checking out all the stuff in there
ddd9-1.jpg

quit horse'n around you two :mad: I rule my goats with an iron fist :x
ddd8-1.jpg

checking out the needles in relationship to the plunger face while timing
ddd7-1.jpg

telling me how to put everything back on the knotter shaft correctly
ddd6-1.jpg

double checking needle plunger timing.
She's not stuck...lol. I didn't stage any of it....I just took pictures as we put the baler back together.....they were all over that thing! Since they think I am their mom, they never leave me.....lol.
ddd5-1.jpg

checking out the sickle bar mower
ddd4-1.jpg

checking the needle brake
ddd2-1.jpg

just double checking feeder teeth plunger timing
ddd1-1.jpg

ddd-1.jpg

I'm this close to baling a field of bales. It did this all day today, no matter what I did. I double checked the tucker fingers...messed with twine tension??? It makes a knot everytime with no hay in it...????
ddd11-1.jpg

I did bales about six actual bales today :? ....and a ton of half bales. :?
ddd12-1.jpg

ddd13-1.jpg

jeff in ca said:
I love your dog!

Thanks! I meant to comment on your deck building deal :D Sounds like something I would do for sure :D

Faster horses said:

Thanks! I doubt my dog is better. She is by far my most out of shape looking dog, but the only one that is running with me all the time....she must have a slow metabolism. :D I don't know anything about training dogs...I kinda just guide them a little while they do their thing. Have you posted any pictures of your dog any where on here?

katrina said:
Made of day guys!!! :D :D :D :D

Hey now :mad: ....... :D :D :D

MO_cows said:

I knew a fella once who made money with goats in a sort of unusual way. He would get paid to bring them to festivals, fairs and such. (Think "petting zoo") He had a pen complete with stuff for them to climb on and show off their cuteness to its best advantage, and he sold little dixie cups of feed to the spectators to feed them. The little cup was only 50 cents or so at that time, but there was a LOT of cupfuls in a bag so he was about making many times over the money on feed. He didn't get rich by any means but had fun doing it for awhile.

Thanks! Thanks for looking at them! That's a neat story on that guy! He probably made a lot of kids happy, met a lot of people and seen some neat stuff! I'm working on a little petting zoo in a way. :D I've started just sneaking stuff home...lol. I get a scoldin', then all's well :D I think miniature donkeys will be next maybe. I love learning about all these critters. Maybe I'll get on that show Animal Hoarders someday....just jokin :D

R A said:
katrina said:
Made of day guys!!! :D :D :D :D

Hey now :mad: ....... :D :D :D

MO_cows said:

Thanks! Thanks for looking at them! That's a neat story on that guy! He probably made a lot of kids happy, met a lot of people and seen some neat stuff! I'm working on a little petting zoo in a way. :D I've started just sneaking stuff home...lol. I get a scoldin', then all's well :D I think miniature donkeys will be next maybe. I love learning about all these critters. Maybe I'll get on that show Animal Hoarders someday....just jokin :D

Whadda mean someday? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back in 1977 when I lived on my Ranch in Fallon, Nevada my Son was two years old. I was in the barn trying to get some orphan calves to suckle the Jersey milk cow. Some how my son got out the back door bare foot and wearing only a diaper. He headed for the barn where he knew he would find dad. He was about half way to the barn walking next to the fence when I herd him crying daddy. I looked and saw a small pigmey goat chaseing him back toward the house. Luck was with him that day when he ran by the power pole and my brother was waiting for the goat which he caught. I wonder if my son remembers that event. :)

R A said:
jeff in ca said:
I love your dog!

Thanks! I meant to comment on your deck building deal :D Sounds like something I would do for sure :D

Faster horses said:

Thanks! I doubt my dog is better. She is by far my most out of shape looking dog, but the only one that is running with me all the time....she must have a slow metabolism. :D I don't know anything about training dogs...I kinda just guide them a little while they do their thing. Have you posted any pictures of your dog any where on here?

Hard to get any pictures of Pete standing up. He's usually laying down
unless he's riding in or on something with a motor. I'll try to get him
to stand up and get a photo.

Latest posts