• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A

Reaction score
playing with image hosting sites. Using postimage on these...super fast way to do it so far....bulk everything.

:D ...I've lost track..not a lot, but I am well over a 1000 bales that I've hauled in this way....I think around 1500... :D

Some neat pictures in that group. The duck hunter in me sure likes the one of the pairs of mallards.

Fantastic photos!!! You can make a mule look good! What talent!
I think if you broke your cameral, there's quite a few here that would chip in to get you another one! :D

Of course, I have questions/comments... :p

Why does your baler leave the bales flat in the field instead on the side?
One thing about stacking them by hand on that trailer, it will sure keep you in shape! :D Oh, the good ole' days!!! :lol: :lol: Some of those days you miss and some you don't--like stacking little square bales by hand... :shock: :lol: :lol: Picture #6-Are those bales all the same size?
Some look longer, but that could be optical illusion.

That bull looks mighty handsome in the picture by the pond.
Any idea what he weighs?

Picture #4--the calf and the countryside. I'd have to have that framed and on my wall!

Picture #7-your horse--Sweat marks from under the saddle blanket. Usually a sign of a good using horse. (Unless they are young and dumb--then it could be from learning how to work. :p ). It's always said in country where I've been that wet saddleblankets make good horses. :D I know how much you appreciate your good bay horse!

Your roan filly is looking good! Really good. She's the color that well sell well--and for more money!! :lol:

Love the cattle silhouette picture, the duck pictures, the horse profile,
ahhhh, I give up. They are all outstanding!!! Thaks for sharing!

LazyWP said:
Awesome pictures!!!!

Thanks! We just strive to survive here at the world's smallest ranch... :D .

Jake said:
Some neat pictures in that group. The duck hunter in me sure likes the one of the pairs of mallards.

Thanks! I might start offering guaranteed successful duck hunts for the exchange of 10 awesomely beautiful heifers.... :D :D

R A said:
Thanks! I might start offering guaranteed successful duck hunts for the exchange of 10 awesomely beautiful heifers.... :D :D

Might be able to work something, but going to take ALOT of ducks :lol:

Faster horses said:
Fantastic photos!!! You can make a mule look good! What talent!
I think if you broke your cameral, there's quite a few here that would chip in to get you another one! :D

Of course, I have questions/comments... :p

Why does your baler leave the bales flat in the field instead on the side?
One thing about stacking them by hand on that trailer, it will sure keep you in shape! :D Oh, the good ole' days!!! :lol: :lol: Some of those days you miss and some you don't--like stacking little square bales by hand... :shock: :lol: :lol: Picture #6-Are those bales all the same size?
Some look longer, but that could be optical illusion.

That bull looks mighty handsome in the picture by the pond.
Any idea what he weighs?

Picture #4--the calf and the countryside. I'd have to have that framed and on my wall!

Picture #7-your horse--Sweat marks from under the saddle blanket. Usually a sign of a good using horse. (Unless they are young and dumb--then it could be from learning how to work. :p ). It's always said in country where I've been that wet saddleblankets make good horses. :D I know how much you appreciate your good bay horse!

Your roan filly is looking good! Really good. She's the color that well sell well--and for more money!! :lol:

Love the cattle silhouette picture, the duck pictures, the horse profile,
ahhhh, I give up. They are all outstanding!!! Thaks for sharing!

Thanks! That mule fluffs up and looks just like a donkey in the winter....I like her summer look better. She's about to get some training. She's going to be a little something at first...been waiting for hay to get done and for it to be nice and hot... :D . No worries...I have 2 cameras now... :D ...too kind of you to say that though... :D

The chute on my baler goes straight back all level all the way to the end. So it just dumps them off like that. I think it's like that for sending it back to an attached hay wagon. I believe you have to put on a chute on the end that is missing half of the bottom of it on one side to get them to flip??? I think you want them on their side for the self stacking picker upper deals, don't you? I seen one of those being used on tv, but never in person. Putting up the small squares all by hand is a good eat all you want and anything you want and loose weight exercise program... :D . The bales are all the same size in pic 6. Some are angled. I was baling too much hay for what it likes and was weaving like I have seen big balers do to keep it all going in and not just baling up....and the windrows were very close together to help all I could on having smaller windrows, so I was driving on each side of the bales I came to depending on how close they were to the windrow I was baling up, making me weave too as one dumped out.... :D .

I'm bad at guessing cattle weights. The only weight I have on him is that he weighed 1350 last Dec. 12th. I would say he's between 1400 and 2000... :D :D . Ok, 1600 to 1800.... :D

I wouldn't want to run cattle without a horse. My bay is GREAT help!!! Wet saddle blankets are a must, even for him to stay GREAT help... :D He was just a little sweaty that day.

Thanks for looking!!!

I think you need to get a few rides on that mule, then come out for a vacation!! I'll have a few bales to put in the barn, so you can stay in shape, and we can give your mule all kinds of experience. Just think. You and H could meet here. Be almost half way for both of you. I could get my hay put in the barn. And we could all tell what its like at home...whoppers....lies....Soap isn't all that far, and we could just have a good old time.

LazyWP said:
I think you need to get a few rides on that mule, then come out for a vacation!! I'll have a few bales to put in the barn, so you can stay in shape, and we can give your mule all kinds of experience. Just think. You and H could meet here. Be almost half way for both of you. I could get my hay put in the barn. And we could all tell what its like at home...whoppers....lies....Soap isn't all that far, and we could just have a good old time.

Keep it up and you'll have a whole ranchers.net reunion on your hands. :D

Faster horses said:
LazyWP said:

That's fine. We have enough room, I think we can sleep 12 couples, with out anyone having to sleep on the floor. All of you are invited anytime you want. AND....if I do say so myself.... this is about the prettiest place in the world. :!:

LazyWP said:
if I do say so myself.... this is about the prettiest place in the world. :!:

It darn sure isn't what I expected! Like dropping down into a whole different world! Plus, you have a river. I'd kill for just a pond. ;)

LazyWP said:
Faster horses said:
LazyWP said:

That's fine. We have enough room, I think we can sleep 12 couples, with out anyone having to sleep on the floor. All of you are invited anytime you want. AND....if I do say so myself.... this is about the prettiest place in the world. :!:

I will agree with that last part. Should have found me a ranchers daughter out there.

LazyWP said:
Faster horses said:
LazyWP said:

We might just take you up on it. Hey, OLD MEMBERS, :shock: how long has it been that we have been looking for a centrally located place to have another reunion???? You read it here! WP welcomes us!!!

This is serious, WP. I hope you are serious too. Have you ever gone and looked at the Deadwood Reunion? (I missed that one :cry: ). You might change your mind after you look at that. :D :p :wink: I think it is on ranchers home page down at the bottom.

Here ya go in case you have never seen it:
http://ranchers.net/Deadwood/

Now we need to set the time and the date. Input, everyone!

I think this deserves a new thread. Maybe even a sticky..... :D

LazyWP said:

I am in!!!! :D Now to find a weekend i can stretch into a week when there are no fires, the water will hold out while i am gone, we arent haying, calving, weaning, shipping or cutting firewood. :shock: But i am in!!!! :D It also needs to be during a hunting season of some kind so that RA and I can go hunting while you haul hay! :p :eek: :D :D :D

Other then 1 weekend coming up, and I won't know that until she pops. My youngest is having a baby, and I need to go see her. Should be in the next couple weeks. And the week of the Old West Days in Valentine, I think that is the 11th, 12th and 13th of October, and opening weekend of deer season, the second weekend in November, you all pick the weekend. We will be here, the bosses house, and bunk house should all be open.

Zilly said:
LazyWP said:
if I do say so myself.... this is about the prettiest place in the world. :!:

It darn sure isn't what I expected! Like dropping down into a whole different world! Plus, you have a river. I'd kill for just a pond. ;)

Hey, you gotta come back. I need help, like from your real job! Those jerks you work for, are making my phone worthless!!!

Thanks PureCountry and Silver! ...I sure enjoy you guys photos!

Keep your eyes peeled on the morning horizon, LazyWP, for you will see the silhouette of a big ol' pair of ears long before I get there.... :D . Being that close to Soapweeds roan team and those 2 new horses of yours, I'd probably end up wanted for horse theft in Nebraska.... :D .

Latest posts