• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

plant growth regulator

Help Support Ranchers.net:

littlejoe

Reaction score
I'm experimenting with this one on oats and willow creek winter wheat----both for forage. And on an old mostly grass, grass/alf field.

Does anyone have any input? thanks.

http://www.valent.com/agriculture/products/ryzupsmartgrass/index.cfm

Good luck with your experiment, I tried spraying out some grass from some alfalfa, guess it will be a few days yet to see if I had any luck.
I used Agro _Culture Liquid fertilizer on some other hay land, and Phos nitrogen blend. It's been so cold and dry the hay hasn't been growing.
I couldn't really see from the label on your growth regulator what it is, Never used anything like it as around here drought usually regulates any growth.lol

We use one that I think is similar but they call it a growth promoter. We use it only on beans and corn when we spray a herbicide over the top of the crop. It is supposed to help the plant cell development and metabolize whatever chemical you sprayed over the top of it quicker. Sometimes don't think it helps much. We usually leave some test strips around. I think it helps a ton when the weather is dumpy and cool after spraying. Helps get the chemical out of crops system even though the sun isn't out as much. Most every one around here puts it on their irrigated wheat when they top dress. I have never used it on anything but corn and beans. I think the answer to a lot of these type products that some call snake oil, whether they work or not is always "it depends on situation".

Latest posts