• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pleasant surprise picture from tta stockdogs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Today I got a private message from tta stockdogs. He did this digital painting of one of my favorite photo subjects, and he did a nice job with his artwork. Thought it would be good to share the picture with the rest of my Ranchers.net friends. Thanks, tta stockdogs. You did very well.

tta stockdogs said:
Hi Soapweed

I like to paint digitally as a hobby-not as messy as regular painting but basically the same idea with brushes and all. You posted this pic of Peach and I instantly thought that would make a good portrait painting, so I've been working on it a few weeks in my leisure time. The attached pic is just a small version for emailing/etc but wont print very big or very good. I'll send you the big file for printing (11x14) if you want it. Didn't want to send a big file without asking first.

Hope the weather is being good to you and have a good day.

peach-final-640.jpg

That is cool,i seen Peach and Sunflower in a advertisment for Working Ranch Magazine,she needs to keep up her celebrity status :D

That is awesome!!! I love it and I know you do to Soap. I am guessing that will be a wall hanger for you.

A bull customer pencil painted my Dad a few years back and we just love it! It will be something we will keep forever.

Great Job TTA!!!

I loved that pic when you first posted it Soap ,you take a great photo .I guess it also has to do with the subject . :) You can see so much character , and kindness, and most of all you can see contentment, all captured in that pic . :D

Now I love the painting as well, beautiful !! Very nice tta stockdogs. :D

Your Welcome Soap, I enjoyed doing it.
Hey, everyone…I don't post much but read and look at everyone's pics most everyday. If someone objects to painting any of their pics, please let me know. Otherwise I may snag a pic now and then and paint for someone. As I told Soapwed, I do it for a hobby, it's relaxing and I enjoy it. I've probably done a couple hundred, mostly for other people..portraits, dogs, horses and etc but here is a self portrait I did of myself.
133218201.jpg

Thanks everyone. I don't consider myself an artist…just someone that enjoys 'playing' with computers and combine with my limited artistic ability to do paintings. I have to have a fairly good pic to start with…cant do a whole painting freehand. I do a few different styles depending on the pic and the mood I'm in. When I see a pic like Soap's that 'yells' paint, I snag it and pass it along.
Here is a link to paintings I have done if you would like to see others.

www.pbase.com/stockdogtta/paintings

These portraits are amazing! I had no idea that you could recreate photo's digitally to look like your end results...but then I don't do much editing..what a cool talent you have! Please post more!

Latest posts