• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Poll on BSE in the U.S.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Will BSE be a non issue if found in the US herd?

• non issue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • issue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tam

Reaction score
This is a quote from Leo McDonnell "we know if we are going to keep consumer confidence we are going to maintain some of the highest standards in the world to make sure that BSE is not introduced into this country. And we are going to make sure we have the best meat and bone meal ban in this country in place. So if for some reason we did find a case we can stand and look our consumers right in the eye and say, don't worry we have had these firewalls in place for years, the only country prior to having a case of BSE to have these firewalls in place for so many years. And we did it to make sure if a case was ever found it was a non-issue. If we look them right in the eye and say that I will guarantee they will keep eating beef".

Remember one of the firewalls is the MBM feed ban that the GAO reported to have big whole in compliance, inspections and reports to prove.

Tam I voted for it being an issue. If we have BSE, then I say test to see how big of a problem we have and fix any holes in the firewalls. Surprised you didn't I.

rancher said:
Tam I voted for it being an issue. If we have BSE, then I say test to see how big of a problem we have and fix any holes in the firewalls. Surprised you didn't I.

Dittos rancher, I voted for it being an issue too.

Not really, but I can't see how Leo thinks it will be a non issue beings that Canada implemented a MBM feed ban that is stricter than the US's at the same time the US did and we have the same firewalls in to protect consumers and some of them were put in before the US implemented theirs . But Leo says the US is "the only country prior to having a case of BSE to have these firewalls in place for so many years. " Knowing what we now know the GAO found out about the FDA feed ban I can not see how he can think BSE will not be a issue, if Canada is a big issue to him.

Can any of the 4 that voted that BSE will be a non issue explain why BSE in Canada is such an issue to the US but their own will not be an issue Please. Before you say because we have MBM feed bans that protected us go read the GAO report. And also remember where the one Canadian cow was found and recalled from.

Latest posts