• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

POLL What tastes better, Barley finished, or Corn finished?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Barley Finished, or Corn Finished?

• Barley finished

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corn Finished

• Too Close to call

• Total voters
"What tastes better, Barley finished, or Corn finished?"

Grandpa much preferred corn, but only if it had been finished in an oaken barrel for months. Uncle Ike preferred barley - Grain Belt - and he finished lots of them. Me? I can go either way.

I've never finished anything on corn- everything on barley or whatever grain was available locally cheapest, so have to choose barley.........

OT, makes sense, what ever was the cheapest, don't worry about quality! I heard rubber boots are cheap!

Murgen said:
OT, makes sense, what ever was the cheapest, don't worry about quality! I heard rubber boots are cheap!

Murgen- do you make rubber boots out of grain in Canada? No wonder you're so damp and grumpy all the time.......their are other grains beside barley....

OT, I think I mentioned one of those other grains in one of my posts. But cheapest doesn't always mean that it will create quality. That was my point, don't be so defensive.

Murgen said:
OT, I think I mentioned one of those other grains in one of my posts. But cheapest doesn't always mean that it will create quality. That was my point, don't be so defensive.

Sometimes Rye is cheaper- makes dang fine whiskey when blended right with other grains........

Latest posts