• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Poor cows

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Dad and I took a little drive this afternoon to the north end of the ranch to check on the cows wintering up there.
As we drove up out of the valley most of the bull were laying on the hill.
Mar25pasturetour003.jpg

Do you think these poor things will make it to green grass?
Maybe I should have hauled some hay to them.
Mar25pasturetour010.jpg

Mar25pasturetour009.jpg

Mar25pasturetour007.jpg

It was a little wet at one spot in Greasewood Coulee but I didn't get stuck. :D
this was after I washed the windshield :oops:
Mar25pasturetour012.jpg

I did dig a bit of dirt getting through one spot.
Mar25pasturetour011.jpg

Yeah, you better start hauling the feed to them, and hope they have strength for calving :wink: :D . Did you ever shift from fall to winter up there?

A RICEBURNER? I reckon aybody who would don a K State MildCat cap without being held at gunpoint would drive just about anything.....prob'ly got a Peugeot parked somewhere, too.... :wink: :lol:

you better get out and feed them poor girls. ya know, we don't need the wrong people seeing those pictures. :wink:

Those old girls have lived like jack-rabbits so long their ears are pointing up!

That hay may be needed next winter, think I'd deal with the winter-kill now and hope for the best. :lol:
Wish I could trade you some swamps for some hardgrass at the times we could use them.

Who pushes or walks?

I think he took those picture last fall and is trying to convince us he has that much grass left after winter! :shock: :D Cows look fleshy and happy. Grass is beautiful and just as good as hay, probably better as ya didnt have to process it into bale form. Now that "Truck" is a different matter. :shock: Was your skateboard in the shop for an overhaul or what? :lol: :lol:

Glad you didn't get stuck or I would have had to bring Mantracker out to find you. Looks like a lawn chair in the back seat of the truck. Is that so you can be comfortable while awaiting rescue?

per said:
Glad you didn't get stuck or I would have had to bring Mantracker out to find you. Looks like a lawn chair in the back seat of the truck. Is that so you can be comfortable while awaiting rescue?

Funny you should mention that, :lol: Where I got muddy Tam ,Mantracker, Britt and the lady he was hauling horses for got stuck in the very same spot.
Lane and I had to go find them and pull them out.

Laugh about the rice burner, it sneaks around the hills pretty good and cost alot less them those fancy side by sides or even a plain old quad. Plus it has a heater and rides smoother then a Dodge diesel in the pasture. :D

Soapweed said:
Cows look great, Big Muddy. You didn't have to take the license plate off your car to post a picture. You could have just put a paper sack over the top. :wink:

In Saskatchewan you don't have to run a front plate, you can run a "Vanity" plate.

Only thing is if your very "Vain" you wouldn't drive the old Pathfinder. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the bright side, the riceburner can help broaden BMR's educational horizons. When he's stuck, he can pass the time waiting for help by teaching himself to read and write Japanese!
"Konichiwa"......"Arigato"......."Sake" :wink: :lol:

Laugh about the rice burner, it sneaks around the hills pretty good and cost alot less them those fancy side by sides or even a plain old quad. Plus it has a heater and rides smoother then a Dodge diesel in the pasture.

:agree: a guy was telling me all the atributes of his side by side over my tracker, i told him to meet me at Tim Horton's and we would talk, it was -20 out, he declined :wink:

get a kick out of this and think of Jody and all the other deep snow folk's on here whenever i watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVuRzFtRMdo

get a kick out of this and think of Jody and all the other deep snow folk's on here whenever i watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVuRzFtRMdo[/quote]

Might be alright........but don't think it could catch a coyote :)

pups and bucks said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVuRzFtRMdo

Might be alright........but don't think it could catch a coyote :)[/quote]

Have a 6.5-06 to do that with :wink: :wink:

Latest posts