• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pork is kicking our Butts!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleCo

Reaction score
It is amazing all the brains ( dead brains) at NCBA and the Beef Board have not got it figured out! SO here are the figures....for you commodity brokers, ad agency people that do it for the Beef Board/NCBA and the rest of the you folks that do not believe the cattle market can crash, beef demand can go to hell, and you will never see 50 cent FATS again! The Pork folks have done a great job both at the Producer level and the Promotion level.......unfortunately NCBA/Beef Board think they have all the answers....well the Atkins coat tail is shorter and you have lost your grip! :roll:
========================================

In early 2000, the National Pork Board developed its Pork Racing Program, which includes a co-sponsorship of the Frank Kimmel ARCA race team and designation as the official meat of the ARCA Racing Series. Because the demographics of racing fans and pork consumers are nearly identical, the National Pork Board has been able to utilize the sponsorship as a method to reaching their target audience in a brand new way.

The sponsorship is now used as a program platform to promote pork within the retail and foodservice markets, and it continues be an instrumental tactic within the National Pork Board's marketing strategy.

In addition to another championship year, the National Pork Board achieved the following results during the 2004 season:

Estimated number of racing fans exposed to Pork. The Other White Meat messaging
at the track: 502,300

Estimated number of racing fans exposed to Pork. The Other White Meat messaging
through TV coverage of ARCA races: 6,131,680

TV exposure time: 4 hours, 14 minutes

Number of times TV announcers mentioned Pork. The Other White Meat: 66

Value of TV exposure: $1,888,400

Pork. The Other White Meat placed 1st in exposure value as an overall sponsor in
the ARCA series.

Value of editorial coverage: $950,975

Number of pork producers who participated in ARCA racing events: 337

Number of grocery stores participating in ARCA racing promotions: 4,463

Promotions this year resulted in 8,993,136 pounds of incremental tonnage of pork
products in 2004.

Maybe the price difference between Beef and Pork is what caused the tonnage increaselet see feed a family of 4,2#s T-Bone steak $7.99x2 =15.98 2#s center cut pork chops $2.89 per lb.=$5.78 difference of $10.20 on one meal that could buy 4 gallons of gas for the SUV.

Can you see 2 or 3 state cattle associations teaming up? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Saturday Night PORk will be a sponsor on Jimmy Spencer's Craftsman Truck......go to www.nascar.com to find start and channel times. Of course you may hear the word PORK several times!! Pork is planning a helluva promotion for their product in the Nashville area......
WHERE's THE BEEF???? IN COURT!!

Iowa Pork Producers teamed up with Wisconsin and Minnesota pork producers and the National Pork Board to promote pork around Milwaukee at retail locations throughout the metro area and at the ARCA race at Milwaukee Mile on June 3-4, 2005.

The retail pork promotion was a joint effort with Pick 'N Save grocery stores. Producers served grilled pork samples and had the opportunity to talk with consumers face to face at 13 Pick 'N Save locations.

The producers also promoted pork on Saturday by grilling and serving over 1,000 pork loin sandwiches to drivers, pit crews, race officials and the media prior to the ARCA race. Bruce Gaarder, WHO-Radio Farm Broadcaster accompanied the producers to Milwaukee and reported from the track during the WHO noon farm show on Friday.

Frank Kimmel, driver of the #46 Pork racing car drove the Pork Racing® team to another win, taking The Other White Meat slogan to the winner's circle. This was the first time for an ARCA race at the Milwaukee Mile raceway, but not a first for Frank Kimmel in the winner's circle -- Kimmel is a six-time defending ARCA series champion.

The Milwaukee ARCA race was covered by SPEED and CBS television channels. SPEED even got footage of the pork producers serving pork sandwiches in the garage.

Pork racing continues to provide TV and media exposure at a great value for producers due to Frank Kimmel's successes. In 2004 alone, almost $2,000,000 in TV exposure was created and media coverage brought in over $800,000 in unpaid media value. TV and media coverage from the racing promotion reached over 14 million consumers in 2004. The Other White Meat promotion ranked number one in exposure value as an overall sponsor in the ARCA series.

Pork racing also provides great visibility to consumers, since the profile of racing fans and pork consumers are so similar. Pork racing promotions over the past year have contributed around 38,000,000 pounds of pork purchased by consumers. Last year alone 337 producers were able to reach consumers by participation in ARCA racing events.

Denny said:
Maybe the price difference between Beef and Pork is what caused the tonnage increaselet see feed a family of 4,2#s T-Bone steak $7.99x2 =15.98 2#s center cut pork chops $2.89 per lb.=$5.78 difference of $10.20 on one meal that could buy 4 gallons of gas for the SUV.

Ain't it the truth. I'm sure that we will see a bigger impact all the time . . oil hit $64US today . . .

"Your kosher shopper will NEVER buy pork " Another arogant Rancher!!!
I cannot believe the arogrance in the Beef Cattle Industry today! You expect it out of a major breed association membership, but not the Commercial Beef Cattle Sector....... :oops:

It was a joke -- Jewish dietary law does not permit them to eat pork. So they are a good market for beef.

Since my son dates a Jewish girl I know the Pork deal..........It is just unbelievable how bullet proof the majority of Beef Producers and the leaders of all Beef Organizations think this bubble will NEVER bust!!!
Remember 10 cent or less HOGS!!! 1997 or was it 1998? WHo cares ...it happened!! :)

reader (the Second) said:
Denny said:
You Worry TOO much Relax have a Beer HELL HAVE A CASE.

Sierra Nevada pale ale calls.
Or Mike's Hard Lemonade or Limeade.
Or Sam Adams.

Thanks!

I plugged my baler tonight on the last bale and it was in the ditch along the highway so I had to bale it so the neighbors could see I got it but I spent 2 hours fighting to get that hay baled then I kept hearing a clunk turns out my wheel on the baler was about to fall off well when I got back to the truck there was 3 choices water pop or BEER bet you cant guess which I chose some times you just need to get HAMMERED...

Rancher,
You are right. Speciality Markets are growing at an alarming rate. I did read an article where "Local" grown is gaining a lot of steam! Organic, in my opinion is highly overated. Natural, drug free, etc. I hear you can have organic soil classification after only 3 years of non-chemical application??

Latest posts