• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Portable Squeeze Chutes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond

Reaction score
It's time to upgrade our portable chute, currently use an older preifert and it's just not big enough for cows anymore. My main complaint is the chute isn't long enough to get a cow in, shut tailgate and then head catch. This issue had caused a few problems lately. We're in the market for one with a wheel kit that's easy to use and a chute with palp cage, also want a manual head catch. Our main chute at our headquarters is a Palco and I really like it. Curious what others run and like, open to suggestions. Thanks

For most. We make ours portable with skid loader but don't travel to far. They make a nice portable.

We have a Real, but if I were buying a portable squeeze I would get our Q-Catch in the portable version. It is probably the nicest manual squeeze I have ever used.

The ones made in thedford, Pearson, walk cattle through easier then any chute I've used. I don't have one, but for cows, they may be the best chute I've seen.

I have a Sioux Steel w/manual head catch that has the hydraulic cylinder for a lock, similar to Q Catch. I really like it. I would have bought a Q Catch, but couldn't deal with the company.

thorsens were classics---wheels stayed on, were way in the back and operated by built in portapower.

tongue was part of chute undercarriage, tread plate floor extended over it, chute was wired with taillights--90 lb girl could go get one, by herself. think them guys retired, no reason one couldn't incorporate some of their ideas

Shortgrass said:
I have a Sioux Steel w/manual head catch that has the hydraulic cylinder for a lock, similar to Q Catch. I really like it. I would have bought a Q Catch, but couldn't deal with the company.
I believe on another forum I read a guy had issues with a Sioux cutting hooves or legs. Not 100% it was Sioux but sure sounds right in my head. Have you had those issues?

4Diamond said:
Shortgrass said:
I believe on another forum I read a guy had issues with a Sioux cutting hooves or legs. Not 100% it was Sioux but sure sounds right in my head. Have you had those issues?
I've lost track of how many hundred cattle I've ran through my Real Tuff chute and I haven't had any of those issues

I give a vote for the pearson. We have one, that is bolted in place, and they are really easy to cover to hydraulic if you want to later. They also have a manual hydraulic too. Look at the website and you will figure out what I mean by manual hydraulic. Good luck hunting it is half the fun. :cboy:

Sioux Steel makes a very nice squeeze chute, but the palpation door is on the wrong side. I would have purchased one a few years back, had it not been for that feature. A veterinarian that we often use didn't like the backwards door, so I complied with his wishes and didn't buy the chute.

Latest posts