• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Post pounder

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yep, it has a Honda engine. I off set the hitch on my truck about 16 inches so i pull it with my bale deck truck and drive along the fence and still get in and out of my truck. I keep the new posts on my truck and use the carrier for the old posts when I'm rebuilding fence. I don't have much for options, they can put on a water jet, Pilot auger, and self propelled.All it takes is money.

I borrowed one of those from my neighbor, it damed nere ruined me, now i want one of my own!

Works great for fixing fence, as well as building new.

WE had older Linden post pounder that was a pretty good one for it's time but you pulled it with a tractor and it wasn't quite as heavy as this one. I like being able to hook it to my truck as you are more likely to take it when you need "just a couple" of posts and have to do a bunch by hand then hook the other one to a tractor that might be away in a hay field .

Big Muddy rancher said:
Hereford76 said:
http://www.montanapostdriver.com/

Got one of these last spring. Pound posts with it where we'd a broken them in the past with old one.

That is quite the machine but I think it would kill you climbing in and out of the skidsteer if working by yourself. :?

at first I took the door off. Then I started setting up five posts by tying them up with small chunks smooth wire. Definitely quicker with 2 guys. Still beats what we had hands down. First I remember looking forward to the work.

... make sure you say "Ace" recommended it if anyone buys one :D

Latest posts