• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Post surgery pics of Nikki

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hillsdown

Reaction score
A couple pics of Nikki 4 days after her femoral head ostectomy surgery. It has been tough going as she needs to be in her kennel at all times except when she eats ( as she will not eat unless we sit with her ) and to go out to the bathroom . She has been a real trooper, though it is going to be a long few months , for her and us . I miss my little shadow ,especially riding shot gun . :(

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

She has about a ten inch incision held by staples which should hopefully come out in 2 weeks, then she gets to go for very short walks as long as she does not try to use her left leg . In two months we get to start physical therapy and I need to rig up something to do hydrotherapy with her 3 times a week.

If anyone has an idea for a therapy tub I would greatly appreciate it. Our bath tub even though it is a jacuzzi tub is not deep enough for her to swim . I have been looking into renting something but have come up empty and there are no facilities near us that offer hydrotherapy for dogs.

Oh your poor baby :(
Hope she gets well quickly.

Ok crazy idea. how about one on those Rubber maid stock tanks? Maybe put a hose on the drain hole on the bottom and put a plug in the end of the hose. A way to drain it.
Just a thought.

I Luv Herfrds said:
Oh your poor baby :(
Hope she gets well quickly.

Ok crazy idea. how about one on those Rubber maid stock tanks? Maybe put a hose on the drain hole on the bottom and put a plug in the end of the hose. A way to drain it.
Just a thought.

Yep work for fantastic beer coolers too for weddings, brandings, and big parties....

Great idea ILH, we have a small galvanized tank but they are super heavy so a rubber one would be better. Definitely a life vest Lilly .

Hubby just wants to put in a hot tub in our new deck for her.. Men ,,, they look at every situation as an opportunity for themselves .. :roll: :p

OT we know all to well how they work for cooling kegs. I wonder if the boys are still hung over from our deck party this summer .. :wink:

Thanks again ..

Looks bad, but I can see in here eyes she is a trooper!

Looks a lot like my male b/c that makes her special.

If you have an air compressor hook an air hose to a regulator (low pressure) and put it in the tank to act as a aerator and to move the water sort of a poor mans jacuzzi, actually you could put several holes in the hose and really do the trick!

Good luck

ED

Latest posts