• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Post the court briefs please.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Econ101

Reaction score
If anyone has the citations to find the Pickett case appellate decision and the London case, would you please post them? I have hard copies but some people might want them straight out of the court websites if available.

I second the request. I'd asked for them during one of the threads, but I think it got buried. If they aren't available online, if someone has copies, I'd be more than willing to pony up the cash to get them sent, unless there is a truckload of docs :)

Rod

Rod, here is the London case citation and the Pickett case citation. These are he appellate briefs only. You have to go to the court of appeals for the 11th district first and then search the number. When you read the Pickett case you will see they cited the London case. Basically the circuit court is using itself as a reference. The 11th circuit is in Atlanta, GA, the largest chicken growing state in the U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss, chairman of Senate Ag. Committe Nutrition and Forestry is from Georgia. He is part of the hold up on all of this. Money to his party by the poultry companies and their various ways of getting to him and the party is holding allowing the frauds to continue. The Democarats are calling for hearings in both the house and senate on the poultry industry in light of the recently released GIPSA report and the regulatory agency's lack of regulating (which Saxby's committee has oversight responsibilty).

Poultry growers are upset about the market power being exerted over them and the court's decision that contracts supercede the law. Every lawyer worth his salt know this is one of the worst legal frauds and worst rulings by the courts in a long time. It is a scam that would make Abramoff lscandal ook like small potatoes and it is being perpetrated on farmers all over america. It is part of the cheap food policy that benefits agribusiness at the expense of the family farmer.

Laws always over rule contracts. Contracts have to conform to the law, not the other way around. The PSA is being gutted by political moves. Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania is chairman of the senate judiciary committee. He is the gatekeeper for judge promotions and even supreme court nominations. Senator Cornyn from Texas (who has a legal background himself) recieved a lot of money from the packer interests, also sits on the Senate judiciary committee and supports, even co-sponsors packer legislation. Senator Specter represented Frank Perdue, the east coast chicken magnate who has ties to the mafia, in a drunk driving accident before he became governor of Pennsylvania. He got Frank off even though one of the victims in the other car died in the wreck he caused. Specter later became governor of Pennsylvania and then Senator of the state. He has always looked out for poultry company's interests and allowed the market power frauds to allow exeptional profits and market consolidation in the poultry industry. Then Tyson buys IBP. They start the same type of economic frauds over there. Now they are the largest meat protein provider on the planet.

The republican party is trying to run their party on money from industry. It doesn't matter what they do against normal average citizens to get the donations. They can make up any frauds by isolating them and then getting out the propaganda machine they have built with corporate donations. The bankruptcy law passed in the U.S. is an example of that mentality, although it is not the only one.

http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/search.php

04-10040 Is the file number for London vs. Fieldale Farms

04-12137 Is the file number for Pickett vs. IBP

This is what I found on Pickett.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data2/circs/11th/0412137p.pdf
You can search for other cases just by removing the info past (.com)

1881000e.jpg

They are going to drown out there in the Seattle rainstorm........

Charlottes avg rain ....45.56 inches per year
Seattle avg rain.....37 inches per year

WHO is gunna drown???????

psst for those who do not know Carolina panthers are REALLY the Charlotte panthers LOL since their home is downtown. Ohh and it North Carolina LOL :wink:
1881000e.jpg

Latest posts