• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Posting pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

fedup2

Reaction score
I know this question must have been asked a hundred times by now but I'm going to try to post some pics. I signed up for photobucket and have some pics there. What do I do next? Is there a better program? I see some posts with links and others with pics. What went wrong with the ones with links? Thanks in advance for the help.
(I couldn't believe the username fedup2 was taken at photobucket??? So if you see pics somewhere with this name, it is not me! LOL!)

Underneath your picture in photobucket there are three long windows with writing in them. To post a pic go down to the bottom three that says IMG . Left click it to highlight that window then (after it is black) right click the window. You'll get a tool bar then click copy. It saves it on your mouse. Go back to ranchers and in your post , right click your mouse then click paste out of the tool bar window . It should paste it in your post. As haymaker says...good luck!

I post a link when I try it. Shouldn't the picture show up right away or just the link?

Thank you for you patience Red Robin. :D

These are cedar lined chests that I made for my wife. I used oak and walnut. Each panel is 'raised' and the tops made from 3/4 x 1 inch squares of oak and walnut.
Hope this works! :D

Chests002.jpg

Chests005.jpg

Chests004.jpg

Chests001.jpg

This is a gun cabinet that I started but need to finish the doors. It is made of aromatic Cedar. The stuff is very hard to work with and gums up your tools but is beautiful wood.

Chests003.jpg

Thank you for the kind words.

I did this one using a scroll saw, carving knives, dremel kit and minature files. It is from a walnut tree that was on my brother-in-law's farm. (I had to put the grandsons tray behind it to reflect a little light to take the pic.) :D

100_0454.jpg

100_0455.jpg

Hey fedup, you look like you know your stuff. Do you know anything about "burl wood"?

I've got an ash tree that has a burl on it that is huge. I've been trying to find someone who knows where to sell it. Every one tells me, "yeah, burl wood is worth a lot", but no one has any ideas about who would buy it??? :?

Jinglebob, I searched for burl wood artisans. I only checked one site that had both furniture and artisans. You could contact them. Maybe you could get some answers or some leads on where to go next. Good luck!!

You might have to try an ad in a couple of your states larger papers. Maybe start it by 'Attention woodworkers'. I do not know of a larger company that would be interested in just one tree. Burl is in demand by those who turn exotic bowls on lathes, box builders, etc. But someone has to have the equipment to do something with this tree.

I get my walnut from a company that ships it in by the semi load to cut up for base and casing. It comes as rough cut lumber. As burl is the weaker part of the wood, they let me go through their lumber piles and pick out what I want and I get it at a discount. I might go through a couple of hundred boards before I pick two. Sorry that I'm not much help with this. You might look at this site and make a couple of calls.
http://www.saw-online.com/Resources/burl.htm
I will ask around and if I come up with anything I will pass it along to you.
Have a great Christmas.

Latest posts