• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Poultry Farmers Getting Plucked- Beefman

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Beefman said:
Econ101 said:
Beefman said:
Thanks for point out Jim Hightower is associated with the site that wrote this. No need to read it now.

As your other post shows, it wouldn't help if you read it anyway.

Nothing to stand in the way of your dollar or threaten it.

Of this case I have personal information. The article is correct. Do you have ANY evidence or reason not to believe it other than it does not suit your interests?

The case details human suffering, which is always unfortunate.

As for Jim Hightower, former TX Ag Commissioner, here's a few quotes.......

Remember Howard Lyman, the man Oprah was interviewing which resulted in the lawsuit? Here's Hightower's quote of Lymans book:

"Howard Lyman, a straight-shooting, no-nonsense Montanan with uncommon integrity and courage, has a dynamite story to tell. Read in this startling book why this son of the ranchlands won't be bullied by the beef establishment anymore...and why you shouldn't be either."
>>Jim Hightower, author of "There's Nothing in the Middle of the Road but Yellow Stripes & Dead Armadillos"
http://www.madcowboy.com/01_BookEX.000.html

(Script from Hightowers radio show)
Oprah probably has the resources to carry the day, too. But it's ominous that agribusiness is trying to silence public debate, while people are literally dying from eating hamburgers and radiation is touted as the cure.

http://www.stevebrooks.net/hitower.htm

This is just a start. Your source is a fruitloop.

Beefman, where is there anything wrong with any of the above comments? It seems pretty accurate to me. Food borne illeness is one of the leading causes of illness and we all have to be diligent in its use and prepartion. Any information that increases the awareness of food preparers and its safetey is a good thing, not bad. Why do you think we have health inspections of resturaunts? Education is better than ignorance. A clean floor is better than one where dirt is swept under the rug.

Econ101 said:
Beefman said:
Econ101 said:
As your other post shows, it wouldn't help if you read it anyway.

Nothing to stand in the way of your dollar or threaten it.

Of this case I have personal information. The article is correct. Do you have ANY evidence or reason not to believe it other than it does not suit your interests?

Remember Howard Lyman, the man Oprah was interviewing which resulted in the lawsuit? Here's Hightower's quote of Lymans book:

"Howard Lyman, a straight-shooting, no-nonsense Montanan with uncommon integrity and courage, has a dynamite story to tell. Read in this startling book why this son of the ranchlands won't be bullied by the beef establishment anymore...and why you shouldn't be either."
>>Jim Hightower, author of "There's Nothing in the Middle of the Road but Yellow Stripes & Dead Armadillos"

Oprah probably has the resources to carry the day, too. But it's ominous that agribusiness is trying to silence public debate, while people are literally dying from eating hamburgers and radiation is touted as the cure.

Beefman, where is there anything wrong with any of the above comments? It seems pretty accurate to me. Food borne illeness is one of the leading causes of illness and we all have to be diligent in its use and prepartion. Any information that increases the awareness of food preparers and its safetey is a good thing, not bad. Why do you think we have health inspections of resturaunts? Education is better than ignorance. A clean floor is better than one where dirt is swept under the rug.

You're joking.....right? I must be responding to none other than Jim Hightower.

The above comments.......Howard Lyman is a former rancher turned animal rights vegetarian activist spouting his rhetoric. Kinda hard to connect the dots between Lyman and food borne illness / food safety / why we must have health inspections in restaurants.

Beefman said:
Econ101 said:
Beefman said:

The above comments.......Howard Lyman is a former rancher turned animal rights vegetarian activist spouting his rhetoric. Kinda hard to connect the dots between Lyman and food borne illness / food safety / why we must have health inspections in restaurants.

Considering the degradation of of our food safety regulatory agencies I might agree with him on a lot of things. I don't know the man, have never heard of him, and never read any thing by him. He may say a lot of things I agree with and he may say a lot of things I disagree with. So what? If I agree with him on some things it doesn't follow (non sequitor) that I agree with him on all things. Guilt by association is for those belonging to associations. I am proud of the ones I belong to. Are you proud of the ones you belong to?

By the way, I am definitely not a vegetarian. Do you have any other points about the article that are pertinent or that stay on the topic or refute the article? I would love to argue with you on them, Beefman. I do think it funny that someone with the title "Beefman" would defend Sanderson Farms, a mainly poultry outfit as you did or tried to do on another post.

Beefman-- I agree with you that Howard Lyman is a radical and probably a crackpot- but how many years ago was it that he appeared on Oprah and claimed that the US had BSE and it was being covered up by the government agencies?

And what did the US find? BSE

And what did GAO uncover? A USDA that didn't appear very concerned about finding it (more concerned at Fong questioning them,then they were about their defective testing procedure)- and still doesn't seem concerned about preventing its spread or eradicating it.......

Maybe someone in USDA should have listened to him back years ago...

Econ101 said:
Beefman said:
Econ101 said:

Considering the degradation of of our food safety regulatory agencies I might agree with him on a lot of things. I don't know the man, have never heard of him, and never read any thing by him. He may say a lot of things I agree with and he may say a lot of things I disagree with. So what? If I agree with him on some things it doesn't follow (non sequitor) that I agree with him on all things. Guilt by association is for those belonging to associations. I am proud of the ones I belong to. Are you proud of the ones you belong to?

By the way, I am definitely not a vegetarian. Do you have any other points about the article that are pertinent or that stay on the topic or refute the article? I would love to argue with you on them, Beefman. I do think it funny that someone with the title "Beefman" would defend Sanderson Farms, a mainly poultry outfit as you did or tried to do on another post.

THere's probably lots of goofballs out there that have said one or two things I agree with. Left wing animal rights vegetarian oddballs don't happen to be on my list. Go "sequitor" (whatever that means) with whoever you want. Your business, not mine.

As I said before, the article details human suffering, which is most unfortunate. I am not familar with Sanderson's business practices, and am not in a position to condemn, nor support them.

Beefman said:
Econ101 said:
Beefman said:

THere's probably lots of goofballs out there that have said one or two things I agree with. Left wing animal rights vegetarian oddballs don't happen to be on my list. Go "sequitor" (whatever that means) with whoever you want. Your business, not mine.

As I said before, the article details human suffering, which is most unfortunate. I am not familar with Sanderson's business practices, and am not in a position to condemn, nor support them.

Then I would appreciate not being grouped in with a lot of other people who I don't share the same opinion. As I said before, read the article and comment on it, not all the diversionary stuff. If they misspelled a word or lmade up a ficticious highway for use in a ficticious example, you should still focus on what is being said and its relevance to the discussion. As I said before, Jesus used stories to tell truths. There are truths in every story. Unless you have real reasons to distrust the source, and can bring them up (like Dittmer's funding source for his front organization) those details may be totally irrelevant.

Non sequitur (correct spelling) means that in the logic you are employing, the conclusion you draw does not follow from the argument you are making.

Conman: "As I said before, Jesus used stories to tell truths. There are truths in every story."

Jesus wasn't a lying phony like you so don't insult Christianity by referencing Jesus when you continue to lie and deceive.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "As I said before, Jesus used stories to tell truths. There are truths in every story."

Jesus wasn't a lying phony like you so don't insult Christianity by referencing Jesus when you continue to lie and deceive.

~SH~

Where is the lie? Where is the deceit? They all seem to be coming from you.

Conman: "Where is the lie? Where is the deceit?"

Your lies and deception has been pointed out repeatedly. You didn't get it then, why would you get it now? Everyone that matters knows what a fake and phony you are. You got nothing but cheap talk.

Where's your proof of back door meetings?

Conman: "They all seem to be coming from you."

More cheap talk!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "Where is the lie? Where is the deceit?"

Your lies and deception has been pointed out repeatedly. You didn't get it then, why would you get it now? Everyone that matters knows what a fake and phony you are. You got nothing but cheap talk.

Where's your proof of back door meetings?

Conman: "They all seem to be coming from you."

More cheap talk!

~SH~

And you have nothing at all. If you can not bring forth the "proof" you use for calling me a liar or discounting what I say in an articulate way that addresses the points, then you are the one with nothing.

Conman: "If you can not bring forth the "proof" you use for calling me a liar or discounting what I say in an articulate way that addresses the points, then you are the one with nothing."

I'll just give you two examples of your many lies:

1. You stated that "back door meetings" influenced the Pickett decision. That's a damn lie!

2. You said that "prices can't go up unless the supplies come down" when I asked you if you stated that, you said "yes". That statement was a damn lie. Prices are influenced by demand factors as well as supply factors. You are so ignorant of economics that you didn't even realize that most basic concept. You're a conman and a complete phony.

You have stated many other lies that were addressed as they were stated now you try to create an "illusion" of never lying by asking for proof like the pathetic deceptive individual you are. You are a disgrace to this forum.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "If you can not bring forth the "proof" you use for calling me a liar or discounting what I say in an articulate way that addresses the points, then you are the one with nothing."

I'll just give you two examples of your many lies:

1. You stated that "back door meetings" influenced the Pickett decision. That's a damn lie!

2. You said that "prices can't go up unless the supplies come down" when I asked you if you stated that, you said "yes". That statement was a damn lie. Prices are influenced by demand factors as well as supply factors. You are so ignorant of economics that you didn't even realize that most basic concept. You're a conman and a complete phony.

You have stated many other lies that were addressed as they were stated now you try to create an "illusion" of never lying by asking for proof like the pathetic deceptive individual you are. You are a disgrace to this forum.

~SH~

1. You do not have the intelligence to know what this means. It has been used a lot historically. You have no way of disproving it.

2. I did say that I stated that. I also said that it had to be put in the context of the example I was talking about when I said it. You have completely failed to do that. Is this the only way you can win an argument?

"You have stated many other lies that were addressed as they were stated now you try to create an "illusion" of never lying by asking for proof like the pathetic deceptive individual you are. You are a disgrace to this forum."

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!! Jewels like this are what makes it fun to reply to your posts, SH.

Have a good day.

Latest posts