• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

power was out last night

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Guess lightening struck a power sub station and blew a transformer and had a couple poles on fire. We were out for about 4 hours. No Internet so I went to the living room and visited with the family.

They seem like nice people. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Actually Tam got down her anniversary present and blasted a couple milk jugs full of water from the from deck and Britt got her 22 out and shot at a resettable target until the rain came in hard. Kind nice to be able to sit on the front porch and take target practice. :D :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
Guess lightening struck a power sub station and blew a transformer and had a couple poles on fire. We were out for about 4 hours. No Internet so I went to the living room and visited with the family.

Did they remember you? :)

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Did they remember you? :)

Vaguely :lol: :lol:

Hayguy said:
Who was that masked man? :lol:

Britt all sighted in for elk?

better yet are you?

No :eek:

I don't even know what rifle i will use. Might just get some Hornaday Lever Evolutions for the 30-30 or borrow the son's .243 or maybe his 45-70. :D

I really like the looks of that Ruger Scout in .308 :D :D

Wonder if snaring elk is legal?

My Grand daughter wants to start shooting but for now I limit her to the
SIRT training - - - She set up her own shooting area in the living room.

Kinziestraining_zps9dc6af87.jpg
[/url]

This is the target from her first lesson.

[/img]

Seven hits on target at 7 yards out of 10 shots.

She is doing much better now!

Yep that thunderstorm split and went around both places again...One went south and one went north... The border country between Opheim and Scobey are beginning to think they live in a monsoonal rainforest... :wink:

Elk require a whole NEW rifle

For sure you need a new rifle. Elk are tough and if you shoot one with your old thirty-thirty you might strain your barrel! Not worth the chance.

I pulled a moose tag this year and NEEDed to buy a Ruger no. 1 in 9.3x74r.

starvin'dog said:

For sure you need a new rifle. Elk are tough and if you shoot one with your old thirty-thirty you might strain your barrel! Not worth the chance.

My wife found out a long time ago that when a gun safe gets full it is just a good reason to buy another gun safe!

My daughter brought her fiancée over and after church we tried out a new trap machine - - - he did a double take that I had a separate safe just for shotguns - - - doesn't everybody? Now my daughter want's me to find a .410 in over/under and I got to thinking all the slots in the shotgun safe are full - - - So I guess a new safe will need to come with a new shotgun!

George said:
starvin'dog said:

My wife found out a long time ago that when a gun safe gets full it is just a good reason to buy another gun safe!

My daughter brought her fiancée over and after church we tried out a new trap machine - - - he did a double take that I had a separate safe just for shotguns - - - doesn't everybody? Now my daughter want's me to find a .410 in over/under and I got to thinking all the slots in the shotgun safe are full - - - So I guess a new safe will need to come with a new shotgun!

you two are among the most intelligent, logical people on here :wink: :wink: :lol:

Hayguy said:
George said:
starvin'dog said:

you two are among the most intelligent, logical people on here :wink: :wink: :lol:

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :cowboy:

Latest posts