• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prairie posies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
Our wildflowers are in full bloom...I am not a good enough photographer to do their beauty justice...

prairieflowers1.jpg

prairieflowers2.jpg

Some of the flowers in my garden...

aster1.jpg

Different variety of aster or osteo

Edit: This is an Osteospermum and the is the Proven Winner variety "Soprano Lilac Spoon" I also have a lighter purple variety of this (thought I was getting all the same, but that is ok, too!)

http://provenwinners.com/plants/detail.cfm?photoID=8030&doSearch=1&searchKeywords=osteospermum&

paintedpansy1.jpg

Volunteer pansy

trumpetflower1.jpg

I don't recall what this annual is called. Two years ago they did awesome in my garden, last year they were first hailed, then the heat and drought set in. I hope this year, the two seperate varities I planted flouish!

Edit: This plant is called Torenia, "Wishbone Flower," here is a link to the Proven Winner site about them. Pictured is the "Summer Wave Blue" and I also have the Catalina Pink" varigant.

http://provenwinners.com/plants/detail.cfm?photoID=6412&searchDuration=Annual&doSearch=1&searchLightCodeType=Shade&page=2&

verbena1.jpg

Annual phlox (I'd call it a verbena, but the tag said phlox)

viola1.jpg

Volunteer viola

violasandrocks1.jpg

Another volunteer viola, that is growing in one of the crannies of my raised flower bed that is made out of rocks

wildgeranium1.jpg

Wild geranium

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Those are beautiful TTB. Who'd want a grass lawn when you could have all wildflowers? I keep trying to convince Mr nr we should give up on mowing and try a field... That first one ?aster/osteo? is interesting the way the petals roll up. Nature surely is amazing. Thanks for posting.

I'd say you did a terrific job in capturing the beauty and color...I love the second picture..never saw a flower like that before..it's cool...our wildflowers are in bloom too, and amongst the green grass it sure is Mother Natures art work...Loved the pictures.

Thanks for all the nice complements...

I should apologize for the photos being so big and probably taking forever to download. I thought I had them resized for the internet, but didn't. We have the luxury of having high speed internet via satellite and now I rudely forget that not everyone can download pictures the way we can. Sorry about that!

I edited my original post with the scientific names, and variety for two of the plants, along with the link for them for Proven Winners.

nr and Jassy...that Osteo is kinda creepy, I agree. I always try and have something weird in my garden. Last year it was a bulb, that produced leaves that would creep you out in a heart beat, but had the prettiest trumpet shaped flowers you've ever seen. I forgot to dig it, and it didn't survive the winter :cry:

Our roses are just starting to open...maybe I'll try and get some pictures of them.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Even better than the Posies- I just like seeing all that color GREEN... :)

TTB...I'm on dial-up and your stunning pics downloaded fast...thanks for sharing,made my morning :)

being where you are from, you ought to have some pasque flowers in that area, huh?

I'm to far south.

Latest posts