• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prayers for Soapweed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Prays said and will continue. Hopefully, the ventilator was more for precaution than a necessity. In any case, sending good thoughts and prayers for his full recovery. Keep us posted.

I've been out of touch for a while. I only know Mr. Moreland from Ranchers but I consider him a friend, I met Sparky once in person. Is it Covid ? I'll sure pray for him. God is GOOD. I've been home from the hosp from it a week, today. I almost died. I cain't say it enuff, GOD IS GOOD ! ( When I say I consider Soapweed a friend, I mean to say, it would be an honor to me to be friends. Hope we meet in person some day, if not here, then around Jesus's feet!)

Last edited:
Here is an update on Soapweed. I wish it was better news. Brock posted this on Steve's FB page. I know many of you would like to know.

"I would like to update everyone on dad's condition. The last few days have been pretty tough for dad. In fact, Will, mom, and myself traveled to Norfolk this Saturday morning to say our "good-byes" as the doctors were going to take him off of the ventilator and let him drift peacefully to heaven. It had seemed that this was the point it had gotten to and we have braced ourselves for this outcome.
As we neared Norfolk by 5 miles, we received a call from dad's doctor saying that his medical stats had improved enough that he did not want to do anything drastic today and see where this could take us. Dad has a medical plan that he, himself, designed stating that he wishes to not be on a ventilator for more than ten days and does not want any further action taken to save his life beyond the ventilator. This plan could take us into Tuesday before we know anything definitive. The doctor was adamant that covid is very fickle with good and bad days and that this improvement may not last and that we shouldn't get our hopes up for a different outcome. We are maintaining that the Lord's will be done regardless of which "home" dad is to return. We would love your continued prayers for dad as his life still hangs uncertainly but wanted to reassure everyone that he has not passed on yet!

Thank you from Brock Moreland and family."

A friend of mine was on the vent 40 days I believe. He was at the sale barn a couple months ago looking pretty decent all things considered.

Here is an update on Soapweed. I wish it was better news. Brock posted this on Steve's FB page. I know many of you would like to know.

"I would like to update everyone on dad's condition. The last few days have been pretty tough for dad. In fact, Will, mom, and myself traveled to Norfolk this Saturday morning to say our "good-byes" as the doctors were going to take him off of the ventilator and let him drift peacefully to heaven. It had seemed that this was the point it had gotten to and we have braced ourselves for this outcome.
As we neared Norfolk by 5 miles, we received a call from dad's doctor saying that his medical stats had improved enough that he did not want to do anything drastic today and see where this could take us. Dad has a medical plan that he, himself, designed stating that he wishes to not be on a ventilator for more than ten days and does not want any further action taken to save his life beyond the ventilator. This plan could take us into Tuesday before we know anything definitive. The doctor was adamant that covid is very fickle with good and bad days and that this improvement may not last and that we shouldn't get our hopes up for a different outcome. We are maintaining that the Lord's will be done regardless of which "home" dad is to return. We would love your continued prayers for dad as his life still hangs uncertainly but wanted to reassure everyone that he has not passed on yet!

Thank you from Brock Moreland and family."
Still praying. Thanks for the update

Thanks for the update FH. I pray for good news soon. One of my best friends was on a ventilator for two weeks. She made it and is doing good now with just times of shortness of breath.

Latest posts