• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prayers for Soapweed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yes this is very sad news, I think that was Soap playing at our Netoghter in Deadwood if I'm not mistaken.
We had a great visit that day meeting a bunch of the Ranchers crew. Tam and I were going to stop by in 2013 on our way home from Columbus Nebraska getting mower repairs but that was when he was fighting the West Nile. Never made back that way.
He was always a great source of entertainment with wonderful stories of his adventures in Ranching and his summer guiding.
He passion for posting pictures educated many non ranchers about ranching and showed us ranchers some wonderful ranch country and interesting ways of working stock. His wheels on the bale arms for branding calves really got some attention.
Ride Easy old friend, may the grass be deep and the cowponies only buck a little in the mornings.🙌

I guess I'll have wait till after I finally see my Saviour face to face to meet Soapweed in person. I wouldn't mind if I bumped into Soap, first. I feel a loss like I lost a close friend, after all, I think when you read his writings, you had met him, just not he, you. He " Never metaphor he didn't like." Vaya con Dios, Amigo. Till we meet at the Spring that flows from the Throne.

Here are the particulars.
Chelsie Moreland and 3 others shared a post.
Steve Moreland

Thank you, every one of you, for all of your kind words.
Funeral services will be held for Steve Moreland Tuesday the 28th of September at the Valentine United Methodist Church (804 E. 5th St, Valentine, Nebraska) at 2p.m. CT. It will be livestream on Facebook - 'Valentine UMC'. There will be a visitation the evening before at Sandoz Chapel of the Pines (90125 Hatchery Road, Valentine, NE). Search their website - sandozfuneralhome.com - for details and more information as we supply it.

Latest posts