• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prayers Needed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Had some really terrible news today about an older fella in our community, he's 89, retired rancher, bought my last bull from them.
Saturday afternoon he left the house about noon to go feed the fish in his stock tank. Somethin he does on a regular basis. His wife has alzheimers, usually doen't have too many coherant moments. But this day thank goodness she did. She left the house lookin for him after him bein gone about 3 1/2 hours, walked down the long driveway to the road, across the road to a barn, then further down the road to their daughters house. Son n law seen her walkin up the drive and met her outside. She told him she was out lookin for Emory, that he left but she didnt know where he went, but he should be back by now. He loaded her up and took her back to their house. Left her there to go look for Emory. Knowing what he does on a daily basis helped. He went across the road, to the back pasture, and seen Emory's truck parked. As he got to the tank, he seen him, he was stuck in the mud and water up to his shoulders, and blue. He pulled him out, but didnt have the strength to lift him into the truck, rushed to the house and got a son and a friend to come help. Got him in the house, built a fire in the fireplace, stripped him and wrapped with blankets, and called 911. After two days in ICU he's doin better, but dr's discovered that he'd vomited and somehow sucked that and mud into his lungs. Not alot, but enuff to warrent breathing treatments to try to ward off pneumonia.
Also they've discovered he had a mild heart attack while he was stuck in the tank. They are treating him with medication to get his heart rate regulated, and may have to do a shock treatment if the meds don't do what they expect.
All he'd done is go do a normal daily activity, tripped and fell, and things went from bad to worse.
This man is the sweetest person in the world, I love him like a dad, or grandfather. Please include him in your prayers, along with that family.

That is a sad story. It is fortunate that his wife had coherency to report her husband missing, and that the son-in-law was able to pull the man from the mud so quickly. We will certainly send along our prayers.

I'll send mine up as well. This is a tragic story that will hopefully have a good ending. For those of us that are still lucky enough to have those generations ahead of us, please take the time to appreciate & learn from them.

Phil

May the good Lord have his angels on this man's shoulders and may those same angels be there to direct the hands of the medical staff so that this man may come home to his family!!! Amen!
kris

My little old neighbor lady (82 years old) had a bad wreck while I was gone for the holidays.....just around the corner from her house. she hit another car, killing one and critically injuring another! She is in ICU not in the best shape. She had a pace maker and they figure it malfunctioned and caused the wreck cause the little ole lady don't remember a thing. Poor ole lady....just goes to show when you wake up in the morning you never know what is going to happend through out the day. I guess when you go to bed each night you should say thanks that you got the chance to go to bed again!

TXTibbs said:
My little old neighbor lady (82 years old) had a bad wreck while I was gone for the holidays.....just around the corner from her house. she hit another car, killing one and critically injuring another! She is in ICU not in the best shape. She had a pace maker and they figure it malfunctioned and caused the wreck cause the little ole lady don't remember a thing. Poor ole lady....just goes to show when you wake up in the morning you never know what is going to happend through out the day. I guess when you go to bed each night you should say thanks that you got the chance to go to bed again!

Well said, Tibbs!!! :)

Thank you all for all the prayers. I talked to his daughter twice today. This morning she said that when she got to the hospital the Dr's said he was up sittin in a chair, eating everything they put in front of him and then some. His heart rate still hasn't evened out so looks like they may go ahead and do the shock treatment tomorrow.

While sitting with her folks this evenin she told me that her mom said, "you know Emory, I don't know what we'd do without these two"
(meaning my friend and her husband) "They must really love us alot to do what they've done for us in the last few days"
She hugged her mom, and went over to her dad and leaned over to hug him, just as she did a tear slipped and fell on his forehead. He told her, "Yer leakin"

I was so relieved to hear that he's doin better, and in good spirits. Still is in ICU, but if I know him, he'll have them nurses so fond of him they won't wanna let him out to go home. He's a sweetheart of a man.

Thanks ya'll, continue sendin them prayers, they's werkin. :)

Awww ,I hope hes Ok,I work as homecare nurse with seniors.Theres some pretty special people out there.

Latest posts