• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prayers please....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
First off...Mr Lilly's dad's not doing good at all. Please pray for him to gain some strength and be able to continue his fight against cancer.

Then Wednesday as we were loading up the wiener dogs to make a trip to the vet for rabies shots....Toilet Paper wondered up to the truck. Swollen sheath. First thought that went thru my mind was Pigeon Fever. There have been quite a few cases of it around. And altho it usually manifests in the chest area (that's why it's called pigeon fever...has nothing to do with pigeons) Anyway...Lil Lilly was gonna go with us to the puppy vet. But I immediately told her to call the vet we use for horse stuff, hook up the trailer and get him over there asap. So she went one way...and we went the other with the dogs.

Sure enough it's pigeon fever. So they had to keep him over night. And lay him down, to lance it yesterday. We were able to pick him up yesterday evening. Then had to figure out where we were gonna keep him for the next few weeks, because he hasta be quarantined from the other horses. I was at a loss...until it dawned on me that we still had the old corrals here at the house place that is where the other horses can't go. It's behind her house. So it works perfect.

Today...she calls me frantic. He's very swollen now. like...volley ball size almost. So we've been back and forth down there,....on the phone with the vets....etc. Been a wirlwind couple days. Plus we've got a wedding that Mr Lilly is playin chauffer in one of the old cars so we had to make a quick run by there to finalize all that stuff. LOL the parents are frantic. I assured them that as long as the wedding ends with a hitched couple...everything else will be fine LOL

Here's a pic.....(just for reference if anyone else comes across something like this..it's not a wait it out matter...get em to the vet NOW!) Vet said the drought is responsible for this showing up so often right now too. Uhgggg....pray for rain!!!!
TPpigeonfeverafterlancing.jpg

Sorry for not getting the contest posted at normal time...but it's still set to run for three days.

LOOKING AT THE PIC, ONLY ONE WORD CAME TO MIND......

OUCH!!!!!!

SENDING PRAYERS YOUR WAY FOR THE DAD, THE HORSE AND FOR SOME VERY MUCH NEEDED RAIN!!!

Don't you be worrying about any silly old contest. Anybody that complains can take over running it. :D

Hope everything works out for Mr lilly's dad and the horse.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Don't you be worrying about any silly old contest. Anybody that complains can take over running it. :D

Hope everything works out for Mr lilly's dad and the horse.

ABSOLUTELY!! That contest is for FUN! Sorry you're not having
fun right now, JL. Good luck to Mr. Lilly's dad, TP and the couple getting married.

Latest posts