• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

PRCA The Cowboy Channel

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cody-n-Nancy

Reaction score
Anyone on this forum get it? We got it a couple of weeks ago. Just in case we can't make it to the NFR in Vegas, this coming Dec., we bought the whole package for $99.99. It made a great 20th Wedding Anniversary for wife and I.

Now, the question, for those who do get it: I printed out the "live" PRCA rodeo schedule for 2021 and the schedule doesn't always follow what is on the Cowboy Channel. We were looking for to watching the Lake Havasu Stampede yesterday and it was never on. The Cowboy Channel was showing a repeat of the Southeastern Livestock Exposition & Rodeo in Montgomery, Alabama. Wonder "what gives"?

Who knows?
We just changed to Dish Network from DirectTV because a.)DirectTV was getting out-of-this-world expensive and b.)we don't care for their (DirectTV is owned by AT&T) political views. So now we have Dish. Saved $80/month and have programming we didn't get with DirectTV. We always had RFD-TV and Cowboy Channel, we now get RIDE, which we hadn't had before. Streaming channels are easier to access, don't have to use Roku.

When I cancelled DirectTV, they offered a lower price to keep our business. I told them that make me FURIOUS because why weren't we offered that while we were loyal customers and I called in to see what we could do to lower the cost of their service? Nothing upsets me more than being offered a lower cost...when a company is losing our business!!!

Who knows?
We just changed to Dish Network from DirectTV because a.)DirectTV was getting out-of-this-world expensive and b.)we don't care for their (DirectTV is owned by AT&T) political views. So now we have Dish. Saved $80/month and have programming we didn't get with DirectTV. We always had RFD-TV and Cowboy Channel, we now get RIDE, which we hadn't had before. Streaming channels are easier to access, don't have to use Roku.

When I cancelled DirectTV, they offered a lower price to keep our business. I told them that make me FURIOUS because why weren't we offered that while we were loyal customers and I called in to see what we could do to lower the cost of their service? Nothing upsets me more than being offered a lower cost...when a company is losing our business!!!

Well, since we live in an apartment, and the owners don't allow dishes installed anywhere, we have Comcast cable. Funny, when we lived here in Colorado before, and while my wife was working at Dish Network, we bought a nice 2-story house (1/4 acre) in Parker, CO. We had Dish installed and got a nice discount from her job. Only thing was, when we get a snowstorm or blizzard, we'd have to go outside and clean the snow off of the dish.

We had RIDE for awhile, but cancelled it. Just wasn't enough in the way of Western/Rodeo related stuff. Only way to get RFD-TV here is thru a dish. We also had Netflix for awhile, until we found out we had some of the same movies in our Blu-Ray and regular DVD collection, that was on Netflix.

When we had Roku, we had RIDE and the Wrangler Network. For some reason the Wrangler Network stopped. We just wasn't using the Roku enough and took it off of the tv. Then we found out about the Cowboy Channel on Roku. We were about to give away our Roku to a family member, but so glad we kept it.

One other thing, CBS Sports Network use to do some PRCA rodeos "live". Actually, from what I remember, we watched all 10 go-arounds "live" of the 2019 NFR on CBS Sports Network. That was so cool. In fact, we were watching a repeat rodeo yesterday and the young lady was holding a mike that said CBS Sports Network on it, not Cowboy Channel. Wondered about that.

Back in 2005, I believe, we went to the Greeley Rodeo and met Butch Knowles. He was announcing that rodeo with someone else.

Well, since we live in an apartment, and the owners don't allow dishes installed anywhere, we have Comcast cable. Funny, when we lived here in Colorado before, and while my wife was working at Dish Network, we bought a nice 2-story house (1/4 acre) in Parker, CO. We had Dish installed and got a nice discount from her job. Only thing was, when we get a snowstorm or blizzard, we'd have to go outside and clean the snow off of the dish.

We had RIDE for awhile, but cancelled it. Just wasn't enough in the way of Western/Rodeo related stuff. Only way to get RFD-TV here is thru a dish. We also had Netflix for awhile, until we found out we had some of the same movies in our Blu-Ray and regular DVD collection, that was on Netflix.

When we had Roku, we had RIDE and the Wrangler Network. For some reason the Wrangler Network stopped. We just wasn't using the Roku enough and took it off of the tv. Then we found out about the Cowboy Channel on Roku. We were about to give away our Roku to a family member, but so glad we kept it.

One other thing, CBS Sports Network use to do some PRCA rodeos "live". Actually, from what I remember, we watched all 10 go-arounds "live" of the 2019 NFR on CBS Sports Network. That was so cool. In fact, we were watching a repeat rodeo yesterday and the young lady was holding a mike that said CBS Sports Network on it, not Cowboy Channel. Wondered about that.

Back in 2005, I believe, we went to the Greeley Rodeo and met Butch Knowles. He was announcing that rodeo with someone else.
When CBS Sports carried the NFR it was on so late at night that most of us recorded it and watched it the next day. Just wasn't the same as watching it live.

BTW, 2021 Timed Event Championship is on the Cowboy Channel. Round 1 was tonight.
We have attended that and really enjoyed it. The first time we went, there wasn't much of a crowd. The next time it had grown and tonight the seats looked like they were full.

When CBS Sports carried the NFR it was on so late at night that most of us recorded it and watched it the next day. Just wasn't the same as watching it live.

BTW, 2021 Timed Event Championship is on the Cowboy Channel. Round 1 was tonight.
We have attended that and really enjoyed it. The first time we went, there wasn't much of a crowd. The next time it had grown and tonight the seats looked like they were full.

One of the great things about retirement (us), the NFR wasn't on late. For us, in Mountain Time Zone, it started at 9PM. We were able to stay up and watch it "live".

I noticed, by looking at the schedule for the Cowboy Channel, that, and I don't know why, the schedule of shows can be/is different for Mountain Time Zone (us) than other time zones. IOW, my schedule that I printed out, doesn't even show 2021 Timed Event Championship. However, I just looked and our schedule only shows rodeos...........nothing else. Guess I'll have to do some more research and get the complete schedule for the Cowboy Channel.

I'm now noticing that the PRCA website televised rodeo schedule for the Cowboy Channel is pretty different than the Cowboy Channel televised schedule shows.

A couple of weekends ago, the Redding Rodeo wasn't even on the Cowboy Channel Rodeo Schedule to be televised, but was listed on the PRCA website televised rodeo schedule to be on the Cowboy Channel. We watched it on the Cowboy Channel.

Just noticed that the performances of: Cave Creek Rodeo Days (AZ), Fort Smith Old Fort Days Rodeo (AR), Kissimme 146th Silver Spurs Rodeo (FL) and the Elizabeith Stampede Rodeo (CO) aren't on the schedule for the Cowboy Channel, but are on the televised Cowboy Channel on the PRCA website for weekday evening go-arounds and weekends.

Just wonder why the Cowboy Channel televised schedule is so much different than the PRCA website televised rodeo schedule is?

I don't get it!

Latest posts