• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Preconditioning calves

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Yesterday, Saddletramp and I went to the Philip horse sale. Ended up buying three new horses, so decided all three of us would ride the new horses today when we preconditioned calves. They worked pretty good, and we are happy with the new mounts. Still didn't spend any more money total than the mule would have cost back in June, had I bought the one I wanted. :? Can't help but think I maybe got a better deal by doing it this way. :)

MissusStryingoutanewhorse.jpg

Mrs. Soapweed trying out a new horse
Saddletramptryingoutanewhorse.jpg

Saddletramp trying out a new horse
Soapweedtryingoutanewhorse.jpg

Soapweed trying out a new horse
Thetub.jpg

The tub
Therestofit.jpg

The rest of the set-up
Theladyslunch.jpg

The lady eats her lunch
SittingacrossthetablefromSaddletram.jpg

Eating dinner across from Saddletramp
Viewfrommydinnerseat.jpg

View from my dinner seat
Redcowsreadytoroll.jpg

Red cows ready to roll
Redrider.jpg

Ready to ride

Wayyyyyyyyy, cool pictures, Soapweed!

Mrs. Soapweed looks super in her flat-brimmed hat!

Bought three horses and you like them all? That has to be a record!
Did they all come from the same person orginally?

You cattle look like they summered great. Get ready for some heavy calves come shipping day. One of our customers calves went today. March and April calves, weighed 620#.

I see that the only picture of somebody workin is Mrs. Soapweed and then she has to sit on the luch box to keep you guys from eating it all. :cowboy: Good looking horses. Was out to grain the stud and his little band of mares Sunday. That big Buckskin I showed you pictures of in Deadwood has a Buckskin brother just as nice. I will try to post some pics of them.

In the eating lunch picture, I notice the tips of boots. I think Jersey Lilly started something. Hopefully, the boots and shorts deal won't take off. Some of the ladies can pull it off, but us guys are better off to leave some to the imagination, lol,

Great Pictures,

PPRM

You better quit with all the pictures of your Mrs. doing all the work Soapweed. Making her vaccinate, ride your broncs, and generally doing all the work (along with Saddletramp of course) while you wander around and take photos. GEEZ. :wink: :wink: :D

Someone might figure out where you live and offer to raise Mrs. Soapweeds wages, and you wouldn't have time to take pictures.

lol.

Nice pictures as usual :!:

Yeap great pictures as usual, workin the chute is my job as well, that's why there's never any pictures of me "werkin" lol cuz no one else knows how to operate the camera worth a flip. oh well,,,one of these days my grandkids will wanna know....where's grandma....there's no pics of her lol

Good looking cattle and a good looking crew,thanx for sharing your day soap...............good luck

:D Nice pictures but don't ya think the Mrs. should run the show fer a change? Maybe saddletramp gits tired of havin' a picture of his belly too. Anyway thanks for the show.~j~
hometowngurl. :D :D :D

Latest posts