• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

pretty special to me

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Last night we took a 4 generation picture . My Dad who will be 92 in a couple months,my grandson who was 3 in March , my daughter and myself. :D

They are all quarter horses from our own breeding program started by Dad with the purchase of the quarter horse stallion Bear Trap a son of Bear Cat.
Colt the grandson is riding a saddle purchased by his Great-Great grandfather back in the 40's from a couple of cowboy brothers that worked on the ranch but rodeoed in the USA.
It was pretty windy last evening so we rode about a quarter mile down the lane to a sheltered spot, Colt sure likes his buddy Snickers and Snickers must like him cause he sure behaves well when Colt is on his back. :D

This is a picture of my son driving Tam's team she broke. He gave the photographers a ride.

Nice! You're lucky to still have your Dad around. Cherish him while you can.

Come to think of it, my Dad would be 92 if he was still here.

Had to add a couple more. :D

This mare looks so much like a favorite from back in the 70's.

I broke this big Buckskin by ponying him with Snickers. I would get him to the far side of the calves i was bringing back to the yard then switch horses and ride him home. I had to get another one started cause Colt gave me notice that Snickers was his. :lol: :lol:

Pretty special indeed... Love the horse your dad is riding reminds me color wise of a great old horse I had also. She would get really dark in the spring and fall.

Those are very special pictures, Big Muddy. It's great that the country continuity carries on. Hope there will be another four generation photo in the future, with Colt as the great-granddad and the next generations all on home-raised horses going back to your original foundation sire. You will always be glad you took the time to get these wonderful pictures.

What wonderful pictures!! I got goosebumps looking and reading what was going on. Snickers is really cute. What a nice horse for a kid. Priceless, I tell ya, priceless!!!

All are nice-looking horses. How is the buckskin horse Ty got from you. Do you ever hear about him? He sure seemed nice too.

Thanks for sharing. It's amazing your dad can ride at his age. He must be made of tough stuff!!

Perfect in every way. Thanks for sharing.

Of all the things
I have to accept
in life, I pray
silently that
God
will never let
me know the
last time I
ride a horse.....

author unknown to me

Faster horses said:
What wonderful pictures!! I got goosebumps looking and reading what was going on. Snickers is really cute. What a nice horse for a kid. Priceless, I tell ya, priceless!!!

All are nice-looking horses. How is the buckskin horse Ty got from you. Do you ever hear about him? He sure seemed nice too.

Thanks for sharing. It's amazing your dad can ride at his age. He must be made of tough stuff!!

I never hear anything about them up north. RSL had posted a couple pictures of Ty and the horse.

Cool! Grandparents tend to get bumped;-) No such thing as age before beauty when it comes to grandkids and horses
:D

4 generations of a family having fun together, a 92 yr old who can still ride, and good horseflesh. It doesn't get any better.

Latest posts