• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prime rib recipe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Stretch

Reaction score
The Mrs was cleaning/defrosting the deepfridge and found a couple prime rib roasts and she hasn't ever cooked one. Does anyone have a good recipe for prime rib? We have a couple but not really sure if they are the one to use.. Hate to mess up any prime rib... :) :p Thanks...

I'm not sure about recipes, but I do know that it's a crime to have any leftover prime rib... I'll bring the horseradish and help you make sure that nothing goes to waste... :)

Slow cooked in a charcoal BBQ in a foil pan basted in its own juices with large cut veggies in the same pan roasting along side. Maybe an apple pie for dessert. :)

Try a search in the coffee shop for (fightless friday) There is like 17 pages of recipes. I think I remember a couple of prime rib recipes.

have a cold one

lazy ace

lazy ace
Try a search in the coffee shop for (fightless friday) There is like 17 pages of recipes. I think I remember a couple of prime rib recipes.

Thanks.. Holy cow I am glad I ate before I looked or I would've been dang hungry after I started reading all those recipe's.

per
Slow cooked in a charcoal BBQ in a foil pan basted in its own juices with large cut veggies in the same pan roasting along side. Maybe an apple pie for dessert.

You know I might even be able to cook with a short recipe like that.. :shock: Naw on second thought I better let that to the professional chief around here... :wink: :lol:

Scale_guy
I'm not sure about recipes, but I do know that it's a crime to have any leftover prime rib... I'll bring the horseradish and help you make sure that nothing goes to waste...

Well to tell ya the truth last summer we made it to Valentine on vacation and I really wish that I would've been thinking bigger as it would've been a real deal to have a "Ranchers .com" picnic out there for everyone to stop in and see each other. I think that would be a great time for all, but as usual I was in such a hurry to just get away from home before the cow's got out or such :oops: :roll: :wink: that I didn't think about such fun times..... :)

This is my VERY Fav. Prime Rib recipe,Tap shared it with us Gals in coffeeshop quite a while ago....I lOVE it. Try it!!!

I sure miss Tap and his pics,wish he'd pop in :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marinade For Prime Rib
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
3 cups water
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cardamon
1 tbls. crushed peppercorns, or plain pepper
2 tbls. tomato paste

Boil ingredients together before putting prime rib in oven.
Pour a cup or so over Rib Roast before putting roast in oven.
(I add Lemon Pepper, Onion Salt, or whatever seasoning you like to Marinate, and also on Rib Roast before putting roast in oven.)
If you like tangy Marinade add a little more vinegar and a little less water.

I use a meat thermometer and when the temperature gets about 10 degrees less than what you are aiming for, take meat out of the oven and leave the cover on for ten minutes or so. Then by the time you cut the meat, it will have risen to the temperature you are aiming for.

I cook meat at 350 degrees.

If you have a medium to larger roast, double the marinate recipe. I just make a second batch right before the meat is cooked and add to first batch.

MMMMMM.

Latest posts