• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

problem with hard snow

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Build higher fences then you don't have that problem :wink:

Must be nice to have snow? :D I envy ya

Are making up for no snow by getting plenty of wind. My roof just lost half it's shingles and the others are hanging on by their teeth. :???: 67mph gusts and 40 steady. Such is life

Same problem here. And where it's melting down, it's breaking the insulators off the post in places. :shock: Or just ripping the wire apart in others. Lots of fence fixing in the spring.

burnt said:
Same problem here. And where it's melting down, it's breaking the insulators off the post in places. :shock: Or just ripping the wire apart in others. Lots of fence fixing in the spring.

x2.....using poli-wire and plastic posts stuck into the top of the drift. Had a D6 cat come earlier and widen out the bank's on the road,covered some of my perimeter fence,guess we'll see what's left when ever it melt's down. only ever had a cat open county roads once before that i can remember and that was back in the sixties. that was when i seen my first rotary snowplow truck 66-67 i believe

Here we just have farmers that let their fields drift over the fence.

Holy heck that's a lot of snow Jody. I don't really have a good idea...maybe a temporary electric wire, not sure how to ground it with all snow. But like I said at the beginning I don't really have a good idea :wink:

I strung up a double wire electric fence 5 yr's ago when we had that problem, made the bottom wire ground.
I hooked the ground onto the copper ground wire on an old REA pole. It worked pretty good, it was better than putting cow's in every night after work :roll:

Latest posts