• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

problems wit nh 644

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rusty

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting my 644 to send the twine arms back past the knife to the home position. It keeps stopping in front of the knife. If I grab the twine arms I can pull to where it should be but after each bale it does the same thing.Help the service dept. in my area is of no use.

The tie arms connect to a tie rod which I have tried to adjust like the book shows,it is moved by the cam controlling the auto tie. Problem is I can manually grab them and move them to the home position they just won't return there on there.

I had that problem on my 855 the tractor battery was weak. Put in a new battery and problem was solved. It could be that or dirty connections not allowing full power.

rusty said:
The tie arms connect to a tie rod which I have tried to adjust like the book shows,it is moved by the cam controlling the auto tie. Problem is I can manually grab them and move them to the home position they just won't return there on there.

It's an Autowrap and not a Bale Command....right? If it's an Autowrap, run it through a wrap cycle and see if the belt is slipping.

644 is now working.After a couple of calls and one picture sent back to the guys @ Spaulding Equipment in Clover Va. they told me the breakaway was not connected.Tied a rope to twine tube pulled it back till it snapped in place.Went to the field it worked like it should. Can't beat a man at his own game. David and Chris know their #$%^. Thanks

rusty said:
644 is now working.After a couple of calls and one picture sent back to the guys @ Spaulding Equipment in Clover Va. they told me the breakaway was not connected.Tied a rope to twine tube pulled it back till it snapped in place.Went to the field it worked like it should. Can't beat a man at his own game. David and Chris know their #$%^. Thanks
was thinking that, on my old 650 I had to use a tie down strap with a wrench to lever it closed

Latest posts