• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Proccessing calve's May 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bruce

Reaction score
Better late than never?? Working calve's at Mom & Dad's this spring.

My son Brodie and his uncle Wayne sort'in
CIMG0452.jpg

CIMG0453.jpg

Holdin herd
CIMG0448.jpg

Some of these cuttin horse's are gettin terribly small :)
CIMG0454.jpg

My daughter Arlee (Shorty :))
CIMG0467.jpg

Magpies :lol:
CIMG0469.jpg

Testing out Grampa's "low stress" handling system
CIMG0478.jpg

My Mother on her painted appaloosa
CIMG0463.jpg

Brodie and I rode to the top of the Peace River bank's scoutin for bear.
CIMG0480.jpg

CIMG0481.jpg

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0486.jpg

Yes lots of enjoyable subjects. How are you for moisture? Do you like the long landing at the top of the chute?

Thank's for the kind word's F.H. and Burnt :D
Per, moisture in our area varies from a lot to wet, to a little to wet, have'nt kept a real accurate record I have had probably 8 - 10 inch.'s at home, a few miles down the road 16 - 18 in the last 3 week's. Hay crop's are looking good, cereal crop's are showing some water damage.
I would say the longer landing on the chute is definitely an advantage when offloading as cattle can "see" it better and don't have to step out and down for the first step.Loading there have been times when cattle have balked at the truck on level footing where if they were still climbing they might of climbed right in the truck.All in all it's a good setup with a walk way, visibility shield and a man gate at the top on the far side.
Just to be clear it's not my place! Mom and Dad homesteaded there more than 40 yr's ago!!

looks like one of the kids (on the calf-table) was tryin' out the Temple-Grandin Thing...lol...did it 'calm him down' ?

(referrin' to the movie about her...)

When there's kids and horses,,a camera should be clicking away..good looking crew! I have never seen a paint/appy horse before, quite the interesting markings and color...very pretty mountain country too!!! Thanks for posting these pictures...

Latest posts