• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Procrastination

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
I have never been a procrastinator. That is until recently. I make a list in the evening of the things I need and want to do the next day. I started this after retirement and got a lot accomplished. Now a few years after my cancer surgery, I just cannot get motivated and follow a list. Sure I make a list, but it is usually serving as a coaster under my morning coffee while I play computer. It never gets read and the morning is gone with nothing accomplished.

Today I must remove the increasing number of dog piles, causing me more ill feeling about the neighbors that allow their dogs to run free before daylight. Why is my yard a favorite pooping place? I am tempted to get out my electric fence charger and string a wire around my front yard.

I used it in the backyard to keep skunks and opossums out of it several years ago. I hate opossums! They are just UGLY RATS! Anyway, that plan backfired on me when a very small skunk got under the wire just as it was being shocked. Needless to say, I paid for that genius plan for a few days. I bet an electric wire in my front yard would land me in jail. The edge of town is no country for an old ranch girl.

I was wearing my new boots this morning and the idea of cleaning dog poo from the fresh soles probably wasn't on my chore list anyway. I'll never know for sure. It was an extensive spill as I set my coffee down hard, trying to maintain my balance. Yes, my new USA-made boots with 2.5" heels are classy and sassy, but not as stable as my old 1.75" heels. They were just worn briefly around the house for testing, so they can be returned for free. The box is taped and the label is on and soon to be picked up by the man in brown.

I hear my father's voice from the past, after I was gifted my first fancy design and stitching, high shaft, 2.25" heeled cowboy boots, as I was headed out the door to help feed, "Faye, those aren't real ranch cowboy boots, those are Spanish dancing boots, and there won't be any dancing going on around here today."

Last edited:
Procrastinator. That is me. A pro, as in professional, crastinator. My wife is the complete opposite. I am thinking out loud of an idea, she hears me and says that is a good idea and she wants to do it right now. I am like hold on there, it was just a thought. I haven't finished the thought process. That could take several days. Maybe several weeks. I have learned not to think out loud. She would work me to death.

I have never been a procrastinator. That is until recently. I make a list in the evening of the things I need and want to do the next day. I started this after retirement and got a lot accomplished. Now a few years after my cancer surgery, I just cannot get motivated and follow a list. Sure I make a list, but it is usually serving as a coaster under my morning coffee while I play computer. It never gets read and the morning is gone with nothing accomplished.

Today I must remove the increasing number of dog piles, causing me more ill feeling about the neighbors that allow their dogs to run free before daylight. Why is my yard a favorite pooping place? I am tempted to get out my electric fence charger and string a wire around my front yard.

I used it in the backyard to keep skunks and opossums out of it several years ago. I hate opossums! They are just UGLY RATS! Anyway, that plan backfired on me when a very small skunk got under the wire just as it was being shocked. Needless to say, I paid for that genius plan for a few days. I bet an electric wire in my front yard would land me in jail. The edge of town is no country for an old ranch girl.

I was wearing my new boots this morning and the idea of cleaning dog poo from the fresh soles probably wasn't on my chore list anyway. I'll never know for sure. It was an extensive spill as I set my coffee down hard, trying to maintain my balance. Yes, my new USA-made boots with 2.5" heels are classy and sassy, but not as stable as my old 1.75" heels. They were just worn briefly around the house for testing, so they can be returned for free. The box is taped and the label is on and soon to be picked up by the man in brown.

I hear my father's voice from the past, after I was gifted my first fancy design and stitching, high shaft, 2.25" heeled cowboy boots, as I was headed out the door to help feed, "Faye, those aren't real ranch cowboy boots, those are Spanish dancing boots, and there won't be any dancing going on around here today."
Haha I'm never quite sure when you are serious but I always love your posts. If I was you I would be moving someplace more rural. You could I guess make a game out of keeping neighbor dogs off. Maybe live trapping them? When you release them you could tie a bunch of old empty soup and bean cans with baler twine to their collars so it would drag behind them like a just married couple in old days.

Haha I'm never quite sure when you are serious but I always love your posts. If I was you I would be moving someplace more rural. You could I guess make a game out of keeping neighbor dogs off. Maybe live trapping them? When you release them you could tie a bunch of old empty soup and bean cans with baler twine to their collars so it would drag behind them like a just married couple in old days.
I joke around about a lot of things but dog crap isn't one of them. :mad:

I spray-painted one purple around the belly once and that caused some concern, but the sheriff went on the vet's report that no harm was caused to the dog and cited the neighbor down the road with a "dog at large" violation. :)

Recently my video camera caught and placed a positive ID on the most offending dog, but the police wouldn't cite them and just reminded them that a dog running loose was against the law. It didn't solve anything and just made the neighbor mad. All I can do is just get the shovel and then walk across the street and catapult the pile on their porch. So far they just kick it out of the way and carry on. :cautious:

Last edited:
Procrastinator. That is me. A pro, as in professional, crastinator. My wife is the complete opposite. I am thinking out loud of an idea, she hears me and says that is a good idea and she wants to do it right now. I am like hold on there, it was just a thought. I haven't finished the thought process. That could take several days. Maybe several weeks. I have learned not to think out loud. She would work me to death.
If you are going to think out loud about projects, always have your cell phone handy, and should your wife's eyes light up with excitement, then be talking to your neighbor. "Yeah, B, I will be over soon to discuss rebuilding that barbed wire gate. Adding that new 4-foot cheater fulcrum pole to it didn't help my wife at all. Yes, I know I could loosen the top and bottom loops. but I am afraid those new calves I plan to buy at the sale tomorrow might squeeze through. It looks like a project that needs a complete analysis and engineering review. It could take several weeks. Yes, I will bring a thermos of coffee over."

If you are going to think out loud about projects, always have your cell phone handy, and should your wife's eyes light up with excitement, then be talking to your neighbor. "Yeah, B, I will be over soon to discuss rebuilding that barbed wire gate. Adding that new 4-foot cheater fulcrum pole to it didn't help my wife at all. Yes, I know I could loosen the top and bottom loops. but I am afraid those new calves I plan to buy at the sale tomorrow might squeeze through. It looks like a project that needs a complete analysis and engineering review. It could take several weeks. Yes, I will bring a thermos of coffee over."
Are you putting words in webfoots mouth? Yes, you are putting words in webfoots mouth. 🤣

Maybe you could help the sheriff identify the dogs if you shot them with a paint ball gun?
Seriously though the sting might keep them home. I had a neighbor with fence crawling limousines but he sold before I got my paint gun.
Some neighbors are way easier to love than others. Really there must be a way you could live in more rural area

Are you putting words in webfoots mouth? Yes, you are putting words in webfoots mouth. 🤣
I was just trying to save webfoot the shame when we all find out that his wife does the jobs that he procrastinated about. I speak from experience. Years ago my good friend and neighbor and I were planning a new side fence. After weeks of delays, I told him I would wait no longer. He didn't believe me and went fishing leaving early in the morning. I had the old rail fence removed in a few hours, the new fence supplies arrived, and by afternoon I had the new fence up. He came back after dark and didn't notice until the next morning.

He wanted to know what I had to pay the crew to build it. He got mad at himself when he found out I did it all myself. Supposedly he and his buddies would build this fence while I sat on my patio and enjoyed the show of men at work. He wasn't mad enough because he still procrastinated about controlling the weeds on his side that went to seed and died before he would cut them.

I finally gave up and started hitting them hard with Roundup plus about two feet back from the fence line on his side. I did it through the fence so he thought the extra taking a bit of his lawn was overspray. It was but it was intentional. I apologized for being a mere woman and lacking the ability to control my sprayer.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Maybe you could help the sheriff identify the dogs if you shot them with a paint ball gun?
Seriously though the sting might keep them home. I had a neighbor with fence crawling limousines but he sold before I got my paint gun.
Some neighbors are way easier to love than others. Really there must be a way you could live in more rural area
The problem is I rarely see the dogs except on my video camera recording. Years ago when my place became in the city limits then firing a paintball became illegal. The City police are nice folks but have so many other crimes to respond to, that they can't waste time on things like this. Also since the war on cops, they always have to have two officers with their cameras going. Anyway, my skills at catapulting dog poo are increasing and now I can do 50 feet.

Several neighbors more toward town have no pooping signs up and supply poop bags. No one uses them! On more than one occasion dog walkers have been confronted with purposely letting their dogs poop in others' yards. The cops will only come if it has been videoed and the yard owner tries to work it out with the walker. My question to the cops is how do you work things out with a disrespectful lawless person? They have no answer and so far when they charge a walker, the judge dismisses the case.

They seldom even process theft cases unless they are over $1000. It is a lawless world.

Well I don't drink coffee and as far as I know neither does B. At least I have never seen him drinking coffee. A short while back the wife and I were discussing what ever happened to the thermos. It has not been seen since the move. As for feeling shame because the wife did something. That ain't going to happen. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I am proud of her for being a go getter. If I picked up the cell phone and went to talking the wife would know something is up. A. cell phones don't work here. And B. we just have a little flip phone which we pack when traveling. It spends 99% of the time in her purse.

Last edited:
The problem is I rarely see the dogs except on my video camera recording. Years ago when my place became in the city limits then firing a paintball became illegal. The City police are nice folks but have so many other crimes to respond to, that they can't waste time on things like this. Also since the war on cops, they always have to have two officers with their cameras going. Anyway, my skills at catapulting dog poo are increasing and now I can do 50 feet.

Several neighbors more toward town have no pooping signs up and supply poop bags. No one uses them! On more than one occasion dog walkers have been confronted with purposely letting their dogs poop in others' yards. The cops will only come if it has been videoed and the yard owner tries to work it out with the walker. My question to the cops is how do you work things out with a disrespectful lawless person? They have no answer and so far when they charge a walker, the judge dismisses the case.

They seldom even process theft cases unless they are over $1000. It is a lawless world.
What is the war on cops?
My Dad was Chief of Police and in the force 20 years. Dad sincerely tried to do good and believed his job was to use common sense and do good for the citizens who he believed he was working for and trying to serve.
The police used to be part of the community and trusted.
If you ever watched Andy Griffith you get my idea.
Now a days ifs completely different. Dressed in black with gun belts ,bullet proof vests, assault rifles in cruisers and attitude of a federal occupying force who takes their orders from the prime minister in Ottawa .
It's not just the RCMP but city police in Lethbridge where drugs and lowlifes are everywhere. Yet police getting caught on camera doing stupid stuff and seemingly going after good people to show how politically correct they are.
I don't believe any of them care about right or wrong but just want to charge as many people as possible and write as many tickets as they can to get promoted.

Attachments

• 20230123_120704.jpg
    20230123_120704.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 4
My wife used to be on this forum but has moved on to Twitter and others,
no enough politics on here for her,
Tell her we miss her. I guess I'll have to check her out on twitter because I like her input on political things. Even if she is Canadian and had to get dual citizenship to come to America to kill OT's vote.
Don't mess with Tam!!

Latest posts