• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Proud of our Mt. Governor...NOT!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Our Democrat governer is a real piece of work.

He made Rush Limbaugh's program because he wants to call our National Guard troops back from Iraq...to fight fire!! This isn't about fighting fire, it is nothing more than going against George W. Bush.

Also, here is what Carol Lambert, our representative had to say in her recent column: "We came into this session with almost $350 million surplus. Gov. Schweitzer's budget calls for $439 million increase in spending. He has increased the all funds budget by over $800 million. We are currently $160 million over the state spending cap. And you can't believe the number of bills that haven't had executive action or even been heard that cost more money. Somehow we have to convince people that the best way to grow the economy is to REDUCE taxes and keep government out of the way of business."

Fat chance of that happening with him at the helm.

Yea, good ole Montana. In last fall's election we legalized marijauna and elected a Democrat governer. You don't think this state is full of liberals?

FH,
I am waiting for the people of this state to see what they have done. They wanted a change and boy are they getting one. Also heard on the radio today that he is burning sweetgrass in his office to clense and open up dialoge. What a joke. I still cannot believe the people in this state would vote for drugs and an idiot on drugs whom has never held even the dog catcher position. A friend of mine from Denver also cannot understand how the conservative people of this state always vote for some liberal idiot, he was speaking more of Baucus, but he could not even grasp the election of JA Schweitzer. I look at this as the way another friend of mine put the Clinton election, it is a wakeup call, and now the pendulum is swinging the other direction. Three more years, nine months and counting.

I guess I blame the media as much as anything. Judy Martz got so much bad press. I wasn't real fond of her but she couldn't hold a candle to this jackass.

You do know, don't you, that all the daily papers in Montana (except the Great Falls Tribune) are owned by a liberal newspaper outfit in Iowa~Lee Enterprises. Perhaps that explains a bit of it, but Montana politics have been liberal for the most part for years. That is a lot of what is wrong with our state politically. Too many Dem's for far too long.

Montana is at the bottom of all the states for growth, business and income and among the top for taxation and bureaucracy.

FH,

I agree with you totally. However, I am encouraged that Billings Gazette have been slamming Schweitzer. I like your description of him, it is fitting. I just couldn't believe after voting day how ole' Montana got turned upside down and inside out. I think we need to think about impeachment???!!??

If the Californians got rid of Grayout Davis and replaced him with Arnold Schwarzennager, I don't know why Montanan's can't follow their lead. Who would you replace him with? BTW, Faster horses, glad you must have finally been able to pick up Rush.

I thought Bob Brown was a good choice, nice guy, soft spoken, which was his downfall. I guess we have to have a loudmouth making promises so unreal as to make a fool of himself. We've been listening to Rush for years, although I haven't been very consistent these past couple weeks.

Have gotten way behind on all of the bull session forums, as we have been pretty busy. As far as your political thoughts are concerned, I totally agree with all of you about your ill feelings of the Montana governor. You have definitely got him pegged. On the "doggie talk", I'm having trouble agreeing. :? :)

Quotation: "He (the dog) likes to get in front of them and bite their noses, almost like counting coups. He's been rolled around a couple times by angry bovines, he yips just a tiny bit, then watch out bovines!!! It just gets him more mad so he really gets after them. He just doesn't know how to quit."

Hate to say it, but that is when I see red. :mad: :) It makes the hackles on the back of my neck rise just thinking about it. :) That dog had better be for getting out of my corrals, or he and I will both be in trouble. :wink:

Forgive me my ill feelings, but life can be so much easier and cows stay so much more gentle if the dogs just stay in the houseyard and dig up the petunias. :p

sw said:
FH,
I am waiting for the people of this state to see what they have done. They wanted a change and boy are they getting one. Also heard on the radio today that he is burning sweetgrass in his office to clense and open up dialoge. What a joke. I still cannot believe the people in this state would vote for drugs and an idiot on drugs whom has never held even the dog catcher position. A friend of mine from Denver also cannot understand how the conservative people of this state always vote for some liberal idiot, he was speaking more of Baucus, but he could not even grasp the election of JA Schweitzer. I look at this as the way another friend of mine put the Clinton election, it is a wakeup call, and now the pendulum is swinging the other direction. Three more years, nine months and counting.

He must be one of Oldtimer pot smoking friends. It might have been before you were on bull session but in his day Oldtimer was quite the "HIPPIE" and we know he is a liberal. Geez he's just like my Mother- inlwaw. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
sw said:
FH,

He must be one of Oldtimer pot smoking friends. It might have been before you were on bull session but in his day Oldtimer was quite the "HIPPIE" and we know he is a liberal. Geez he's just like my Mother- inlwaw. :cowboy:

I can proudly say that at one time I probably possessed more marijuana than all of you combined- and the best part Big Muddy, was I got it from some Canadians that snuck across just a little west of you (north of Richland) --Over a ton of the stuff they brought across in plastic wrapped "bales"- going to get rich selling it to the Americans... Old doper-yep thats me.....

Hanta Yo said:
At least I wasn't swayed by that cr@@. We must be getting more liberals moving into this state than I thought. Scarey thought.

Lot more liberals moving in- also more and more of the rural jobs and communities disappearing-- kids all go to the urban more liberal areas to make the bigger bucks.... Then the Republicans this year couldn't get their act together-- What was there, six or seven Republican candidates in the primary.... Dems had pretty much one candidate from day one....

The rumor around here is that Scweitzer will be appointing our local sale barn owner as the new Chairman of the Board of Livestock.....

Soapweed said:
Have gotten way behind on all of the bull session forums, as we have been pretty busy. As far as your political thoughts are concerned, I totally agree with all of you about your ill feelings of the Montana governor. You have definitely got him pegged. On the "doggie talk", I'm having trouble agreeing. :? :)

Quotation: "He (the dog) likes to get in front of them and bite their noses, almost like counting coups. He's been rolled around a couple times by angry bovines, he yips just a tiny bit, then watch out bovines!!! It just gets him more mad so he really gets after them. He just doesn't know how to quit."

Hate to say it, but that is when I see red. :mad: :) It makes the hackles on the back of my neck rise just thinking about it. :) That dog had better be for getting out of my corrals, or he and I will both be in trouble. :wink:

Forgive me my ill feelings, but life can be so much easier and cows stay so much more gentle if the dogs just stay in the houseyard and dig up the petunias. :p

Soapweed,

I respect your opinion. Our cows are gentle, our dogs don't go stirring them up. Since it is just my spouse and myself, our dogs come in a bit handy, so does the cake truck :D. Get alot more done. We have a couple dogs besides the Corgi. The Corgi is just a hoot. :wink: :D :) :) 8)

Hanta Yo, all that keeps Soapweed from being the perfect man (from this distance anyway), is his attitude about dogs. LOL!! His deal with dogs has been mentioned on here before~he says he likes his dog that either stays on the porch or in the house, can't remember which.

Well, no one is perfect, so guess we can give him this small concession!!

I do have to say that if your cows aren't 'dog broke' it does cause problems. My husband WILL NOT take his dog around cows that aren't used to a dog. Says it is way too hard on the dogs. Our cows, like yours, are 'dog broke.' That said, our dogs are heelers, so what goes on at your place with your Corgi, doesn't happen here.

We depend on the dogs to help us, not create more problems, as I am sure you do too. Folks that don't have dogs seem to get along fine. My husband says he doesn't know how people get along without a dog. But there are more dogs that don't mind, than do~don't you agree?

On one ranch we saw all the horses had splits in their ears. When we asked about it we were told the horses were fed in a feeder and the Blue Heeler dog would go along and grab them by the ear. Now I think that is AWFUL and would not be tolerated here. Our dogs must mind, and they do. But it takes time and patience to turn them into obedient, helpful companions.

We have one dog on the place, and she is a good old girl. Scarlett (as in O'Hara) is her name. She is half Rotweiller and half German Sheperd. She is big, gentle, and everybody's friend. Scarlett is a model of perfection until our little grand-dog (her nephew?) comes to visit. He tends to play "Eve" and seduces Scarlett ("Adam") into doing evil and vile things. Instead of eating apples or hob-nobbing with snakes, they run around naked and chase cattle.

Ringo is a blue heeler wanna-be cow dog who lives in town except when he comes here to visit. He behaves in town, but thinks he gets to rule the ranch when staying with his "grandparents". The second-to-the-last time he visited, he chased some calves through a nice barbed wire gate, wrecking it completely. His "Daddy" got to come out one night after working in town all day, to build a new gate.

The last time Ringo came to visit, he had the privilege of spending a three-day weekend locked up in a horse trailer. Of course he had bread, water, a blanket, and a woeful look on his face. My words to him were, "If you're going to be dumb, you've got to be tough."

For the record, I don't like cow dogs, dogs in the house or dogs in the cab of the pickup. Otherwise I like dogs. :)

Why did I know you would have a good story in response.

All of us at our house had a BOBL over Ringo!! We could just see how worbegone he looked!!! You meanie!!! LOL!!!

Say, Soap, Scarlett would be big enough to do some real damage~
why don't you post a picture of her. I've never seen a Rottweiler German Shepherd cross.

Seriously, your point of view is well-taken and I understand where you are coming from.
If I was Saddletramp I wouldn't like dogs much either after what he went though. But you do understand the dogs you both mentioned have not been taught to mind UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.

My husband can call his dogs off a jackrabbit or a deer. They listen and they mind. He spends a lot of time with them and they are eager to please him. So we have dogs, some are better than others, but they all have one thing in common. They mind. One, two or three; they all listen and stay out of trouble.

Don't know what is going to happen with Dixie, The little rascal is showing some protectiveness toward strangers already. We want her to be a watchdog, but not be fierce about it. She has a temper and is tough. I sure hope this isn't going to be a problem.

The fellow who is night calving for us wanted the second half of this night "off" so he could catch up on his beauty rest, and go to town tomorrow to do laundry, buy groceries, and send his paycheck to his lady friend. I am up conferring with him. Three cows are calving, so he is going to check them one last time and make one final report. It is 31 degrees with a breeze, so the weather is in our favor. We ran cows through the chute yesterday to give another round of Scourgard 3KC, "just in case", and will re-vaccinate the last of the bunch that is not in the "heavy lot" tomorrow. We are at the 2/3 mark at this point.

Upon further reflection and contemplation, I am thinking that real good cowdogs are very few and far between, kind of in the same league as good mules and good lawyers. In all three cases, 99% of them give the rest of them a bad name. :)

Latest posts