• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

PTZ Cow Camera

Help Support Ranchers.net:

randiliana

Reaction score
Daytime....
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205009487170474&l=8644437536232893632

Night time
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205044489805518&l=5103458245745068240

We have had a camera in the barn for several years, and then got one for the pens just outside the barn. They are really quite awesome for checking calving cows without harassing them (especially in the barn). I have been wanting a PTZ camera for a number of years, and finally, with the price of calves was able to talk DH into getting one (actually, I just ordered it, lol) So here are a couple of videos taken from it. The daytime one really shows the zoom potential of it (27x) and the night shows how well the IR works. I am quite impressed with it. The only problem I see with it, is that it doesn't work real well at night when it is snowing, way too much reflection from the snowflakes. But since snowfall isn't usually a real common occurrence here I don't forsee that being a huge problem.

Very nice. I've been wanting one for a long time for heifers. I have some cameras that work good but they always go to the end of the pen at night and can't really see what's going on. One problem I have had was finding one that will work as far away from the house that our barn is. How far away will this one work the ptz?

Word of advice randiliana,the neighbour and i both put up our allen leigh systems 4 years ago,stock up on parts because when you need them you will get frustrated dealing with them.I got a spare ptz 27x camera a couple of spare receivers and spare power packs for the grey boxs,he's got a spare ptz 10x and a couple of spare receivers and the joystick controller and between the both of us we can always keep each other running.Their good systems don't get me wrong,just the way they run their business is a joke.

3ML, the windbreak is about 500-600 feet from the camera. As far as the distance from the house, we are only about 300 feet, but they have a booster antenna that will go a long ways check out the link.

3words, just ordered a new camera cable, got the phone call from them the next day. Should have it in the mail next week.

Latest posts