• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pushing the 30's records

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

The weather service says that in the first 20 days of July we have passed up all years but two, for the hottest July in history in northeast Montana...Those two years are 1930 and 1936- which makes this the hottest July in 70 years--and they say with the 100 degree predicted days to come we could surpass those years by the end of the month....

Instead of talking about how it was back in 30, they will be talking about the summer of 06..... :roll: :(

Things are that way up here too OT, things are drying up and people are running out of pasture. Just seems this heat wont end and the rain wont fall.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Things are that way up here too OT, things are drying up and people are running out of pasture. Just seems this heat wont end and the rain wont fall.

M_R, It actually rained here today. I was just picking the last load of bales and the sky opened up. I almost had to turn the wipers on in the tractor........ALMOST. :roll: :cry: :wink:

Its been upwards of 35 last couple of days,hot,hot,hot..we don't have air conditioning in the house,but poor gregs been out in the air conditoned swather cutting hay all day,funny hes even cutting the ditches..hmmm :?

Tim,

We never got a drop here but a few miles north they got quite a rain the water was running down the road.... then we get up to the north place and its drier than a popcorn fart :roll:

Looks like we made #2 now :roll:

YESTERDAY (7/23) WAS THE 4TH DAY THIS MONTH WITH A HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 101 DEGREES AT THE AIRPORT IN GLASGOW. MONTH TO DATE IT HAS BEEN THE 2ND WARMEST JULY ON RECORD AT GLASGOW. JULY 1936 WAS THE WARMEST MONTH EVER OBSERVED AT GLASGOW...

HERE ARE SOME OF THE OBSERVED HIGH TEMPERATURES ACROSS NORTHEAST MONTANA YESTERDAY:
MALTA (PHILLIPS COUNTY): 104
FLATWILLOW (PETROLEUM COUNTY): 104
SOUTH SAWMILL CREEK RAWS (GARFIELD COUNTY): 104
GLASGOW DOWNTOWN (VALLEY COUNTY): 103
JORDAN (GARFIELD COUNTY): 103
DRY BLOOD CREEK RAWS (PETROLEUM COUNTY): 103
CURRY COULEE RAWS (GARFIELD COUNTY): 103
MANNING CORRAL RAWS (PHILLIPS COUNTY): 103
KING COULEE RAWS (VALLEY COUNTY): 103
TERRY (PRAIRIE COUNTY): 103
PINE HILL RAWS (WIBAUX COUNTY): 102
FORT PECK HANDAR (MCCONE COUNTY): 102
GLASGOW INT`L AIRPORT (VALLEY COUNTY): 101
SCOBEY 4NW (DANIELS COUNTY): 101
BIG SHEEP MOUNTAIN RAWS (PRAIRIE COUNTY): 101
WINNETT (PETROLEUM COUNTY): 101
POPLAR RAWS (ROOSEVELT COUNTY): 100
MEDICINE LAKE RAWS (SHERIDAN COUNTY): 100
COW CREEK DOT (MCCONE COUNTY): 100
BREDETTE (ROOSEVELT COUNTY): 100

Temp has really cooled down today--80 was the high so far-- really nice day...Combines are ready to go and will start in tomorrow- probably the earliest I can ever remember combining spring wheat- usually is closer to the end of August, hoping to be done by Labor Day :roll: ....

But even with this cool day it didn't stop us from being the second highest July in history.....

BASED ON THE TEMPERATURES OBSERVED SO FAR TODAY THE AVERAGE TEMPERATURE FOR JULY IS LIKELY TO END UP AT 77.2 DEGREES. THIS WOULD MAKE THIS MONTH THE 2ND WARMEST JULY AND MONTH ON RECORD AT GLASGOW.
HERE ARE THE TOP 5 WARMEST MONTHS ON RECORD AT GLASGOW:

1. JULY 1936 (81.2 DEGREES)
2. JULY 2006 (77.4 DEGREES, THROUGH 7/30)
3. AUG 1971 (77.1 DEGREES)
4. JUN 1988 (76.8 DEGREES)
5. AUG 1983 AND JULY 1947 (76.5 DEGREES)

THERE WERE A TOTAL OF 7 DAYS THIS MONTH WITH A HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 100 DEGREES OR ABOVE...AND 24 DAYS WITH A HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 90 DEGREES OR ABOVE.

The info I found that was close to us said that our average temp. for all of July was 81 degrees. The daily average high temp. was over 98 degrees for July. August is starting out better, and this morning it is in the high 40's, and I had to shut the windows down some. :!: Brrrrrrr! :wink:

The same site says that there has been just over 6 inches of moisture for the year. July had almost none, and the last rain I can remember that amounted to anything here was a half inch on June 7. That rain only hit a fraction of our ranch. The sad part is that historically our rainy season is behind us.

Rereading my post makes me think that I sound like Montana's weather guru John Pulansky. lol. Right FH, and OT? My day isn't complete without a report from John. :roll:

I tried to copy and paste this, but it goofed it up, so here is a link to some hot temps in SD.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/crnews/display_story.php?wfo=unr&storyid=3277&source=0

You are right FH, it couldn't get much worse, unless we all burn up from fires. I hope we can avoid that. :!:

Sorry you guys are dealing with such extremes. Hasn't been too bad in Ontario, except for the heat. We've been getting good timely rains.

Wheat is coming off, and it's a good crop, most are around or over that 100 bu/ac

snow and 20 below would look good right now.

Now Denny, let's not swear on a family forum. :wink: :shock: :)

I don't care much for snow or 20 below. The only part that I don't like, is that I am so busy getting ready for snow and 20 below that I have to work in this weather. lol.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
OT, you are the Ranchers.net weather personnel what do you see happening in August?

Actually now it looks like the weather boys are trying to slip out of the above normal precip for here prediction- when they changed it on Monday.... :roll:

Was plenty hot today (90) while working on one combine that was down (altho I did get to slip away for a couple hours in the air conditioned pickup to make an 80 mile parts run)- tommorow is supposed to be 95-100-- BUT then they say several days back in the 80's (maybe even 70's)...

It even got chilly at the north place the other night ( down in the 40's)where we were camped at- made going out to to the outdoor facility (no indoor plumbing) in your shorts a little nippy :wink: :lol:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/30day/

Faster horses said:
Well, I read it. But I don't know what I read...

I don't think it matters :lol: :lol: Looks like if you just say hot and dry you will be better than the weatherman...They're saying we could be cool (low 80's) here over the weekend after a 95 today-- Be nice because our Fair is going on and the rodeo is Sat and Sunday- but I doubt we'll stop combining to take that in if we can get some good cutting weather...Still have 600-700 acres of wheat we might be able to cut and 300+ acres of flax, that I'm skeptical on- as the highest is barely 6 inches tall....

Crop insurance and Pasture insurance will really be paying out this year...

Just saw in the Western Producer that were only 63 percent of normal moisture here but last few days should help it out-our growing season is about done already though.

Latest posts