• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question About Japanese Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cedardell

Reaction score
If Japanese want beef less than 20 months old, their own Waygu beef would not qualify because their process for feeding necesitates feeding them to three and four year olds. So I asssume they must test all these animals as well as those coming from Australia. It seems illogical to me that they would not take older animals from US if they were tested. If this were the case then USDA and NCBA really screwed producers by not letting them test. If this were not the case then we'd have a case against Japan for setting up illegal tradre barriers and could pursue the issue by imposing tarrifs on Japanese products, because they would be imposing a higher standard on us than they do on themselves seeing as how they have BSE themselves. Correctl? Then why is our govt. not protecting our interests in trade?

If this were not the case then we'd have a case against Japan for setting up illegal tradre barriers and could pursue the issue by imposing tarrifs on Japanese products, because they would be imposing a higher standard on us than they do on themselves seeing as how they have BSE themselves. Correctl? Then why is our govt. not protecting our interests in trade?

Higher standards on another BSE country! The US wouldn't do that would they?

I think the US is dealing with a little pay-back! I think the term is "do unto others"

Latest posts