• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for Econ 101.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BMR, There is reason to believe the whole BSE border closing was a scam. The ones who were ultimately responsible for it got a payment from the Canadian taxpayer and made out like bandits in boxed beef at the expense of the Canadian producers. I just see a lot of irony in that.

Can't say the U.S. is any better. The last energy bill had a lot of tax handouts to the oil companies to try to get them to do what they should have done as a normal course of business in the first place. This quarter, record profits for the oil companies. Every other commercial on TV tells how good and virtous the oil companies are today and how they have been working on alternative sources of energy. We are all fools by the way we let our politicians and corporations get away with what they get away with. Something for Iraqis to look forward to, I suppose.

Econ101 said:
BMR, There is reason to believe the whole BSE border closing was a scam. The ones who were ultimately responsible for it got a payment from the Canadian taxpayer and made out like bandits in boxed beef at the expense of the Canadian producers. I just see a lot of irony in that.

Can't say the U.S. is any better. The last energy bill had a lot of tax handouts to the oil companies to try to get them to do what they should have done as a normal course of business in the first place. This quarter, record profits for the oil companies. Every other commercial on TV tells how good and virtous the oil companies are today and how they have been working on alternative sources of energy. We are all fools by the way we let our politicians and corporations get away with what they get away with. Something for Iraqis to look forward to, I suppose.

What evidence do you have to support your statement - " The ones who were ultimately responsible for it got a payment from the Canadian taxpayer and made out like bandits in boxed beef at the expense of the Canadian producers."

How were the packers responsible for BSE and the border incident? Another of yoor phony dissertations won't cut it, facts will do just fine.

agman said:
Econ101 said:

What evidence do you have to support your statement - " The ones who were ultimately responsible for it got a payment from the Canadian taxpayer and made out like bandits in boxed beef at the expense of the Canadian producers."

How were the packers responsible for BSE and the border incident? Another of yoor phony dissertations won't cut it, facts will do just fine.

Where did all that efficiency of being able to sell the offal and bonemeal for feed go? Right in the packer's pocket. Who paid the price for using this as a feed stuff for cattle? The Canadian cattle producer, Japanese consumers, the crediblity of the USDA, various people getting mad cow disease, etc...... Then on top of that, Canadian taxpayers gave Tyson and Cargill a huge windfall in direct payments!!!

Everyone has had to listen to the spin that SH gives out on his merry-go-round. Many believed. Many did not. Time to give more political money to get your way! The people creating the problems are not paying the costs. They have people like Jason, Tam, and MRJ say, "we need the packers, never criticize them! Anyone who does gets called names from the merry-go-round.

Jason, I hope you get your operation reversed.

Agman, in response to your first question, have you not been attune to the posts on this forum? Do we have to "prove" everything to you? Did the spread on boxed beef for the packers in Canada increase during the BSE and Canadian producers recieved less for their cattle?

Agman, do you have that Glickman/IBP or RPA example yet?

Econ101 said:
agman said:
Econ101 said:

Where did all that efficiency of being able to sell the offal and bonemeal for feed go? Right in the packer's pocket. Who paid the price for using this as a feed stuff for cattle? The Canadian cattle producer, Japanese consumers, the crediblity of the USDA, various people getting mad cow disease, etc...... Then on top of that, Canadian taxpayers gave Tyson and Cargill a huge windfall in direct payments!!!

Everyone has had to listen to the spin that SH gives out on his merry-go-round. Many believed. Many did not. Time to give more political money to get your way! The people creating the problems are not paying the costs. They have people like Jason, Tam, and MRJ say, "we need the packers, never criticize them! Anyone who does gets called names from the merry-go-round.

Jason, I hope you get your operation reversed.

Agman, in response to your first question, have you not been attune to the posts on this forum? Do we have to "prove" everything to you? Did the spread on boxed beef for the packers in Canada increase during the BSE and Canadian producers recieved less for their cattle?

Agman, do you have that Glickman/IBP or RPA example yet?

Econ, the least you could do when lying to us on this forum would be to not tell a STUPID lie! Where have I, Jason, or Tam EVER said, or even implied that packers should never be criticized? You seem to be getting desperate, probably because you have so little factual material to present here to defend your "out there" contentions about the cattle/beef industry.

MRJ

MRJ, most of your posts seem to be very critical of every group that tries to do anytghing about the problems. Forgive me if I am wrong on that assertion as I have not been on this forum very long. I do not mean to make this a personal attack. I would love to be corrected with some evidence that this assertion was not true. I see a lot of irony in what you do post, actual events, and their slant.

Elementary economics diverts Agman's and MRJ's question with more rambling and more questions.

All functions normal!

~SH~

I would also like to see your proof of your statements Econ. You have made countless comments and accusations but when ask to prove them you always have an excuse. this one is being a new comer or you are not an expert. To bad most of your posts don't come across that way, as most of them make one think you know all and are willing to enlighten the to dumb to know a spin when we see it crowd.

I think anyone has a right to critize whom ever they want but Econ when you make a bold accusation like the ones you have made you better be prepared to back them up. And not with excuses about how little you really do know. :x

Tam said:
I would also like to see your proof of your statements Econ. You have made countless comments and accusations but when ask to prove them you always have an excuse. this one is being a new comer or you are not an expert. To bad most of your posts don't come across that way, as most of them make one think you know all and are willing to enlighten the to dumb to know a spin when we see it crowd.

I think anyone has a right to critize whom ever they want but Econ when you make a bold accusation like the ones you have made you better be prepared to back them up. And not with excuses about how little you really do know. :x

Tam, sometimes I think you need better powers of observation. What comments specifically do you want more info. on? As I have stated, this forum is not one where proof can or should be proffered. That is for a jury in the U.S. What is it in Canada? The "proof" thing should be reserved for a trial by disinterested people. Do you have anything in particular you would like to go over? Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has their version of it.

Did the packers sell MBM to be used for ruminant feed? Was that an accepted transmission avenue for BSE? Did BSE have anything to do with closing the border? Come on now.

Latest posts