• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for everybody

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WYO HEELER

Reaction score
I am looking to generate a little extra income and thought about selling feed. I worked for a guy about 8 years ago that was a dealer for ADM, I helped him quite a bit, so I have some knowledge. Just wanted your thoughts on the idea, didn't know how much $$$$ was in it, if any and if it was real difficult to get ranchers to switch their mineral. Fire away!

WYO HEELER said:
I am looking to generate a little extra income and thought about selling feed. I worked for a guy about 8 years ago that was a dealer for ADM, I helped him quite a bit, so I have some knowledge. Just wanted your thoughts on the idea, didn't know how much $$$$ was in it, if any and if it was real difficult to get ranchers to switch their mineral. Fire away!

I always worry about not getting payed for some. :?

i'll agree with NR. also ,what you get out of it depends on what you are willing to put into it.

as far as getting ranchers to change anything-that will be a job in itself. :wink:

You really have to believe yourself that the product your selling is worthy. I've been a semen salesman for years but the last few at my former employers I was having trouble getting much enthusiasm for the bulls I was supposed to merchandise. The sire selector we had previous I was top beef salesman in Canada for two years. I don't think Faster horses would be as successful a mineral salesman as she is without faith in the product.

I agree with NR.
What are you considering selling?

Be sure it is in the rancher's best interest, not yours.
And never, ever be a FEED SALESMAN. You can be
a rep, but never a salesman. They just walk away if the
product doesn't work. Ranchers don't need that. They
need someone in their corner and won't sell them a bill
of goods. FWIW

It takes quite awhile to build up trust and customer loyalty.
Once you get that, don't treat it lightly.

Good luck to you.

Latest posts