• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

question for hereford guys

Help Support Ranchers.net:

scout

Reaction score
I m a commercial guy and have been using Herefords for 7 years now and have had great luck with them. I bought a older cs boomer 29f son last fall I ve had some intrest in semen on him is this a line that would be sought after and how do I go about it I'll try to get a couple pics of him but he is a good one . thanks for any info

If the bull is any good at all, take him to be collected. That is as cheap insurance as there is. About 1.25 a straw, if interest improves, you are ready.

scout said:
I m a commercial guy and have been using Herefords for 7 years now and have had great luck with them. I bought a older cs boomer 29f son last fall I ve had some intrest in semen on him is this a line that would be sought after and how do I go about it I'll try to get a couple pics of him but he is a good one . thanks for any info

depends on the interest you have. if it were me, i usually just have a bull collected at home for insurance sort of purposes - maybe a couple hundred squirts. but i can't sell that semen. put a pencil to it based of the interest you have and go from there - but if its a deal where you end up with a bunch of inventory and you are just speculating on further interest you can get a little cash tied up in it and pay storage. then you might be tempted to advertise it and put more money into it. i don't have a clue about how sought after your bull might be but as far as AI bulls if he ain't the newest and shiniest deal out there they pretty much fade away. but if he is getting interest from some local ranchers thats a different story.

good luck anyhow.

"I m a commercial guy and have been using Herefords for 7 years now and have had great luck with them".... i heard that is becoming the most common quote at the AA meetings, i mean AAA meetings.

I own the bull 100% I just don't have his papers .his sire is deceased and semen is priced at 1000 bucks a dose.Let me remind you he is not a cluby deal.He is performance bull.I promise i'll get a picture in the next day or two . next question is what is the next step how do you go about getting him collected.

Latest posts