• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for Soapweed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cedardell

Reaction score
Is there somewhere we can view a picture of your branding gizzmo? I think many who live in distant places would be interested.

Cederdell, You can go to the second page of this forum and hit "Branding Pics" and "More Branding Pics" by Soapweed.

Also he's got a niffty video you can ask him about. Enjoy.

Cedardell, Saddletramp said about all that I could say on the subject, but I appreciate your interest. We haven't made any copies of the video as yet.

My son plans to have a booth at the Sandhills Cattle Association convention in Valentine on Thursday, May 26th. His business is called Vulcan Welding. The video will be playing at that time, and some of the gizmos, which for lack of a better title are called "Calf Traps", will be on display. Don't know where you live, but if you're not too far away, come then and check out the deal.

Did you guys file a Patent before some big corporation steals your deal????

Denny: "Did you guys file a Patent before some big corporation steals your deal????"

No, we didn't. I suppose that even if we had, some little detail could be changed a small bit, and someone else could "legally" make them anyway. One thing about it, in my heart I am pretty sure that I came up with the idea first. :wink: And what's more, it is all pretty well documented in these bull session archives.

Soapweed said:
Denny: "Did you guys file a Patent before some big corporation steals your deal????"

No, we didn't. I suppose that even if we had, some little detail could be changed a small bit, and someone else could "legally" make them anyway. One thing about it, in my heart I am pretty sure that I came up with the idea first. :wink: And what's more, it is all pretty well documented in these bull session archives.

Soapweed, Take one of your videos and write the history of your invention down and mail it to yourself - via
Registered Mail- Return Recept Requested. Keep it sealed in a safe place.
You might be glad you did.
It's called a "Poor Man's Copyright" and has held up in court.
The Copyright and Patent Attorney I have on retainer suggested it to me to do before I send him my material to copyright. It's quick, easy, and cheap.

Thanks so much for the beautiful pictures of you family, crew, and the gizzmos. My thanks to Saddletramp for the info leading to the pictures. I don't want to steal your idea, but if your son wants to market them I'd like to buy one. I know I won't be able to make it to the exhibition in Valentine, but if the idea is to sell them I'd like the info on the gizzmo and the video. Thanks Buck

Thanks, Mike, for the information on how to do a poor man's copyright. Sounds like it would be easy enough to do, and it is something I wouldn't have thought of on my own. We will pursue it fairly soon.

Latest posts