• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for Southdakotahunter

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SJ

Reaction score
You posted this sometime ago and I was wondering if this is word for word what GF&P sent you? Who from GF&P sent this to you?

Finally, several of you commented about landowners who do not allow hunting on their property should not receive depredation assistance from GFP.
This is exactly how the GFP Wildlife Damage Management program operates. To receive depredation assistance from GFP (among other things), a landowner must allow reasonable public (non-family) access to hunt the species they are complaining about. Areas that do not allow public access for whatever reason (lockout, pay-to-hunt, firearms restrictions in towns/cities/etc.) will not receive GFP depredation assistance. Some of this is explained in an article in the upcoming 2006 January/February Conservation Digest which is at the printers right now.

SJ - Either Southdakotahunter is ignoring you or he made this up. Probably both. I doubt he has anything written down that says this or he would have produced it by now. It would be interesting to see what is written in the new Conservation Digest.

SDH: Finally, several of you commented about landowners who do not allow hunting on their property should not receive depredation assistance from GFP.
This is exactly how the GFP Wildlife Damage Management program operates. To receive depredation assistance from GFP (among other things), a landowner must allow reasonable public (non-family) access to hunt the species they are complaining about. Areas that do not allow public access for whatever reason (lockout, pay-to-hunt, firearms restrictions in towns/cities/etc.) will not receive GFP depredation assistance. Some of this is explained in an article in the upcoming 2006 January/February Conservation Digest which is at the printers right now.

Again, i am sorry i have not replied sooner, i was away from the net over the long weekend.

My son applied for a youth deer tag a while back, and hadnt harvested an animal yet. He plays basketball and is getting to the age where girls are becoming more important than deer hunting so he dont get out as much as possible. the game fish and parks, on their website, has an area you could go and put the kids name and link it to a county the kid would like to hunt and if a landowner wanted a kid to come out and shoot a deer (antlerless, thats what all the youth tags are) they could contact him via phone or email. was a pretty good idea i thought. Anyway, since my email address was the one for contact, the gfp sent out a questionair asking if the kid was called, if so, how many times, are we happy with the program and what could be done to make it better. I responded to it and then i got a response back. It was a generic response that basically stated what percent approx got called and i copied and pasted that from the email. I have never, nor will i ever, make anything up and put it on this site or any other. this was some time back and i have emptied my trash so i dont have it anymore. It was someone from the gfp, thats all i could tell ya.

Again, i havnt made nothin up, what i say is what i have been told. If you woudl have asked me sooner i could have told you exactly who, but you waited....next time ask sooner.

Thank you Southdakotahunter, I wish I would have asked sooner.
Thanks again
Susan

Latest posts