• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question on age of RanchersNet users & computer use

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SJS

Reaction score
This is not meant to be a slandering question by any means, only research for myself!

Of those people that use this board, how many are under the age of 35?

If you are under the age of 35, have you ever lived off your farm or ranch? If you have lived off the farm/ranch, did you work within another industry other than agriculture?

For all ages: Do you use the computer for more than email, Internet and possibly book work? Do you have your cattle records on your computer?

Thank you.

1/2 of me is over 35 ,the other 1/2 is under.
Have been trying to live off the ranch all my life!
Don't look but all my records are right here.

I've never lived away from a farm or ranch.......first my parents, then my in-laws, now on our own ranch.

Was 35 almost 30 years ago!

No book keeping on this computer, just for education/entertainment/communication.

MRJ

Over 35,Run a Ranch everyday,Feed Mill off and on,Cut timber,and I use the computer for more than email, Internet and book work. Do you have your cattle records on your computer? No ,their ON MY cellphone.Question SJS,How long of a drop cord does it take to do cattle records with your computer or do you have a wireless PDA?

We have all of the ranch records, cows, bulls, carcass data, income, expenses, you name it, it is on the computer. Have DTN, many would consider that frivolous for a rancher, if the packer offers me a price, I can turn it on and see if he is fair, blowing smoke or bullish. Can find hay prices moisture predictions, anything that you want. This is not as it was for my grandparents, anyone with a sorry a@@ed cow could turn a profit. The more you know, the more you know where to go. :lol:

SJS said:
This is not meant to be a slandering question by any means, only research for myself!

Of those people that use this board, how many are under the age of 35?

If you are under the age of 35, have you ever lived off your farm or ranch? If you have lived off the farm/ranch, did you work within another industry other than agriculture?

For all ages: Do you use the computer for more than email, Internet and possibly book work? Do you have your cattle records on your computer?

Thank you.

SJS IM over the age,Ranched all my life,have more than one computor here on the place that are used for everything from checking the weather to Medical coding programing..............good luck PS the one I like the best is the one I keep down stairs, use it for teasing canuckle heads

# 1 -- No

# 2 I guess # 1 than leaves me out

#3 Use the computer for many things including having a website for the horses, but the old book in the pocket is 10 times handier-- have records back into the 1940's all pretty much listed the same way and haven't seen anywhere the dot.com cowboy is paying any extra.........

Latest posts