• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

question on smell???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Smells this time of year I hate the scented candles, and potpourri, I enjoy the smell of a roast cooking with onions, or the citrus peel and cloves on back of mom's fireplace insert stove.
There are the bad smell that we try and breathe very shallow, the abscess you have to doctor, the mummified calf and cleaning out the cow, a burn clutch or a skunked dog. Years ago I was in a car wreck I'd showered earlier that night and had used Irish Spring soap…. Can't stand the smell of it now.
There is great smell, clover in a meadow, fresh cut hay, the pepper smell in the forest in the fall , the smell from Grandma's house(such a mix it hard to explain)
Just wanted to ask
1 What your favorite smell…. Mine the smell of my wife with my face in her neck and hair while slow dancing.
2 worst smells… mine still has to be Irish Spring soap
# a smell you miss, when at Cheyenne and east after a rain you can't smell the sage brush

Driving along the fence row this time of year with all sorts of bushes and shrubs - some covered in berries and and others that just smell like a slice of heaven. Don't know what they are but they sure smell good, makes me take a deep, deep breath and give thanks for autumn.

Worst smell is cleaning up a mess of rotten corn or worse yet soybeans. Step in that stuff by accident and you might just as well throw those boots out because the smell lasts longer than burrs in a long-haired dog. Enough to make a maggot gag!

well I wuz gonna say freshly cut hay, till you put #1 in the pile, that's a smell I never tire of :D
good luck

Favorites
1. My horse barn.
2. Fresh cut alfalfla
3. Puppy breath

Worst
1. spoiled grain of any kind.
1. Cat poop..
2.Farts... What's with men and farting??
3. Rotten cows with infection, lump jaws..

Favourite... The smell of a good rain after it has been dry for a spell.

Worst... The smell that you get while skinning a wolf that has been dead for a day before you get to the job. It's the only one that actually made me lose my stomach contents. :shock:

I miss the smell of sagebrush myself.

FAVORITES.....FRESH CUT GRASS/HAY (STILLLLL LOVE THAT SMELL), LINE DRIED SHEETS, LILACS THAT YOUR BOYS BRING YOU "TO MAKE YOU SMILE, MOM" AND MY GRANDBABIES AFTER A BATH....

LEAST....."SOMETHING DEAD" HIDING IN THE HOUSE (EWWW....DEAD MICE WHO FOUND THE DECON....GRATEFULLY, NOT A PROBLEM WHERE I LIVE NOW), PSEUDOMONAS (A NASTY BACTERIA), STALE/ DAY OLD BEER BREATH (BLECHHHH), BODY ODOR CAUSED BY JUST NOT CARING (GOOD, HARD EARNED SWEAT IS ONE THING, BUT NOT BATHING FOR A MONTH OF SUNDAYS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT) :roll:

KATRINA...GOOD QUESTION ABOUT THE FARTS..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Favourite smell is definately a good fart, :shock: haha. No but seriously, fresh turned soil, the smell of snowmobile exhaust on a cold morning, the smell of a warm barn on a cold day, and my least favourite is a guy shot buck in rut, when you spill doe in estrour urine all over your truck, and heated canola

Favourites

Sweet peas
Poplar trees in the spring, with the smell of the damp warming up ground.
A baby
Remember Noxema? It reminds me of my Grandma.

Worst

cigarette smoke
a billy goat on a hot day
dead stuff
boiled eggs, after they've been pickled and put through a husband. :wink: :oops: :oops: (I won't be making them again any time soon)

Favorite....1. The smell of rain. (I've almost forgotten what it smells like)
2. Fresh cut hay.....and then I love the smell when we are baling too.
3. I love the smell of vanilla. Cooking vanilla...not some of the vanilla scented candles.
4. The smell of a pumpkin pie in the oven...oh man can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!

Worst 1. Anything dead!

The smell of a good hardwood fire when you walk into the house is tops when all of a sudden you catch a whiff of a smoked ham in the oven.

1 What your favorite smell…. Leather on a sweaty horse.
2 worst smells…The smell of my X
3 a smell you miss,…The smell of my X after she dies!
SL

Sir Loin said:
1 What your favorite smell…. Leather on a sweaty horse.
2 worst smells…The smell of my X
3 a smell you miss,…The smell of my X after she dies!
SL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts